So How Much Is A Wales Marble Worth After All ?

Steph

Are you talking about a bag of Wales marbles? There are many different style bags with different marbles in them, like basic cat's-eyes, 3 way crossthru cat's-eyes or the variegated (as they spell it) or the ones that look like Vitro Conquerors. Or are you talking about a single marble, like the Vitro lookalikes?

The Vitro lookalikes.

That fella yesterday was acting like we were pulling the rug out from under the value of his conquerors by calling them Japanese.

Just got me wondering .... how does the value of one of those conqueror lookalikes compare to the common conqueror? Neither would be very valuable. Might the Japanese marble actually be worth more?

I sold a single Vitro looking one with a patch that looked like painted on green Aventurine nail-polish for $15.00 I have another one like it that has a big blow hole in it that I consider pretty much worthless. Even though it has way more Green on it.

From a $ value on the marbles themselves, I have no idea. From a finding them standpoint, I obviouly find far fewer of the Wales bags with the Conqueror lookalikes than I do Vitro bags with Conquerors. So, at least from that standpoint, that would make me think that the individual Wales marbles might be a little more valuable. Here are pics of a couple of the Wales bags for people that are not familiar with them.

post-60-129848770056_thumb.jpg

post-60-129848774361_thumb.jpg

post-60-129848775603_thumb.jpg