A Favorite Jabo Run

One of the earliest runs in 2008 was called the Peltier Mansions run. Boyce Lundstrom, Mike Barton, and John Triggs did this one. The glass was special. It was all made to order glass by John Triggs. Mike Barton, help me out here. You certainly know a lot more about it than I do. Please tell about the glass. I only know what Boyce told Weldon and I when he stayed for the first Tribute run.

Boyce Lundstrom was the investor of this run, but he had some help from friends in the glass world. Mike Barton, John Triggs, and James Armstrong helped with the run. All of the glass was specially made by john Triggs and they had some beautiful glass.

The marbles were run September 11. 2008

Boyce stayed over for the Tribute run. He was still sorting his marbles and Sistersville was right after our Tribute run. I am glad he was there. Weldon and i got to meet him and talk to him at length. We learned a lot about Peltier Glass and Boyce's history in glass.

Boyce was sorting through his marbles and he gave all of us Tributes a lot of his marbles. They were some of the prettiest made. Boyce used glass that was expensive, some had gold in it and some had silver. The gold showed in the pinks of the marbles. The silver showed in only a very few marbles.

peltiermansionboyceandpurchased.jpg

Some of these Peltier Mansions were given to us by Boyce. The Sistersville Marble Festival was right after our Tribute run and I bought more of the Mansions to fill out my box. The 4th row from the right are some of the marbles made with gold to achieve the pink color.

peltiermansionbarton.jpg I've never met Mike Barton, but I consider him a friend. I have a lot of Mike's marbles. By the way Mike, the last time I showed your marbles, I had people offering me money to buy them. Of course, I won't give them up.

Mike shared these marbles with me.

peltiermansionsilver.5138426.jpg

These marbles are especially meaningful to me. Mike gave me these. This is the marble that the silver was added to. There aren't many that show the silver. I suppose most of it burned up in the mix. The bottom marble shows the silver.

If you've got Peltier Mansions, show them here.

My 2008 box got jumbled. I stumbled while I was walking from one room to another and the marbles jumped their borders.

I never managed to get it straightened out. Maybe with enough threads like this I could come close.

Steph, in 2008, each run had a look of its own. That was before Kugler glass was used and the colors started looking alike in the different runs. While 2008 has been surpassed, it had character in each run. Maybe some of us can help you if we post.

I've never met Mike Barton, but I consider him a friend.

I think that sums up how a lot of us feel. I too really like this run, its one of the best in my opinion. And of course I got a box from Mike as well. One heck of a guy.

Steph, in 2008, each run had a look of its own. That was before Kugler glass was used and the colors started looking alike in the different runs. While 2008 has been surpassed, it had character in each run. Maybe some of us can help you if we post.

Even in 2008, there was some crossover. It was the stumble which taught this to me. Some Madyias and Jokers got knocked together and I couldn't pull them back apart.

And some Joker II's and something else got mixed together and I realized that there were too many similarities for me to be sure I divided them back up right. Was it Madyia III? (is there such a thing as Madyia III?) Anyway, I thought the Joker II's were unique but then when they jumped the wall into that other set I got a surprise.

I can't specifically remember which ones I got confused over because I kinda gave up and quit worrying and so it's fuzzy now. All I know for sure is that back then, when I was paying more attention to them, I found I couldn't tell some apart that I thought I should have known. And so I put the box away and tried not to worry about it.

But I've brought the 2008 box back out of storage now. So maybe I'll take another whack at it.

Even in 2008, there was some crossover. It was the stumble which taught this to me. Some Madyias and Jokers got knocked together and I couldn't pull them back apart.

And some Joker II's and something else got mixed together and I realized that there were too many similarities for me to be sure I divided them back up right. Was it Madyia III? (is there such a thing as Madyia III?) Anyway, I thought the Joker II's were unique but then when they jumped the wall into that other set I got a surprise.

I can't specifically remember which ones I got confused over because I kinda gave up and quit worrying and so it's fuzzy now. All I know for sure is that back then, when I was paying more attention to them, I found I couldn't tell some apart that I thought I should have known. And so I put the box away and tried not to worry about it.

I'm fairly confident that there will be someone at the Badger Marble Show in the fall who can help. That show is around Madison WI so it is real close.

But I've brought the 2008 box back out of storage now. So maybe I'll take another whack at it.