Found At Sistersville And Some Standing Stone

sissydear

Bought a little Marble King. I have a white based Berry Pink and i found a transparent.

berry-pink-clear-2.jpg

berry-pink-clear.jpg

I haven't collected a lot of Marble King and haven't learned a lot of names. I don't know the name of the multicolored one below, but the bue and yellow is a cub scout.

marble-king-cub-scout.jpg

marble-king-cub-scout-2.jpg

Don't know if the red and white has a name. It is 3/4 inch and the white looks sort of pearly on top

marble-king-red-and-white-2.jpg

marble-king-red-and-white.jpg

Weldon was the peltier collector. We usually collected a box of 25 of each multicolored swirl. I know they have a new name, but MCS is what I learned and I'm old so I keep using it. He only found one of the kind below.

peltier-green.jpg

I found this one in Sistersville and i added it to Weldon's. We've had the one on the right many years.

peltier-green-2.jpg

peltier-green-3.jpg

Only two in over 20 years of collecting. Are they really that hard to find?

I was looking for Vitro and I found one I thought was Vitro. It had a red eye at one end and a black eye at the other end of what appeared to be a "tigereye". The band around the middle was blurry gray.

peltier-rainbo-1.jpg

peltier-rainbo-2.jpg

peltier-rainbo-3.jpg

peltier-rainbo-4.jpg

It looked like a Vitro Agate "blackie" but it looked odd. I put it on a light and the whole look changed.

peltier-rainbo-6.jpg

It's a peltier rainbo - do doubt about the transparent green glass in there.

Here's another that surprised me. It looked like a Vitro Agate "anti blackie". The marble looks opaque blue with a yellow band around the middle. A little orange in the band too.

peltier-blue-rainbo-2.jpg

peltier-blue-rainbo-3.jpg

peltier-blue-rainbo.jpg

peltier-blue-rainbo-5.jpg

While it looks opaque blue and a Peltier color, when I put it on a flashlight - there is transparent green glass in there. It's also a Peltier Rainbo.

Patches, tri-lites and tigereyes

patches2C-tri-lites2C-tigerey.jpg

Standing Stone Commemorative - I had 3 and Miss Bronson took one to play with. I found it under the dining room table after i had taken the pic. I knew she had it.

standing-stone-marble.jpg

Tigereyes, tri-lites and a coral

tigereyes2C-tri-lites2C-coral.jpg

Second marble, second row has an oxblood "V"

I was looking for Vitro and I found one I thought was Vitro. It had a red eye at one end and a black eye at the other end of what appeared to be a "tigereye". The band around the middle was blurry gray.

It looked like a Vitro Agate "blackie" but it looked odd. I put it on a light and the whole look changed.

It's a peltier rainbo - do doubt about the transparent green glass in there.

Good one. I had one which looked like a Marble King Rainbow Red ... until one day the light hit it just so and I realized it had a transparent base.

This one caused me some wavering. The oxblood color and striations looked Akro Agate to me. The construction looks Vitro Agate tri-lite. I think it's Vitro.

vitro-ox-3.jpg

This marble is looking Akro to me. Am I the only one?

More coming later. I do have a life other than marbles. LOL!

:D

Dan, the base glass is muddy looking. It looks sort of like the base glass in a Peltier muddy. The reddish orange patch is covering more of the marble than the white. The white forms a "V". There are two more in this post that have a translucent base with the same reddish orange patch and a yellow patch that forms a "V". Both types have a second "V" in the muddy looking glass on the opposite side from the white or yellow. They seem to have the same construction as the "pea" family. Black eyed peas and sweet peas in different colors. I do not know of a name for them. I have never seen this color combination until I bought these in Sistersville. A friend saves Vitro Agate for me all year because he knows I love it. He had a plastic box of vitro for $20. In in were the bag of 40, 2 parrots, these marbles, lots of tigereyes. I didn't need the parrots. They were the large ones, close to an inch. I took only one of the one inch marbles. I think there were about a dozen of them including the parrots. Linda Simmons and I shared the marbles in the box because I didn't need all of them. She got all of the tigereyes except the bag, half of everything else and all but one of the one inch marbles. . I tried to pay my friend more because I knew the bag of 40 tigereyes was worth more than $20, but he wouldn't take it. He's been very good to me for many years. Does that help with the marbles?