Questions Regarding Alley Glass Animals

Hi and thank you for taking a look at this, I am trying to research, some of the other items manufactured by Marble Companies, in particular learning more about and how to identify

Alley Glass made glass animals - I read about these several years ago but have had trouble finding any information - I picked up this small Boston Terrier , which "may" have been produced by one of these companies, anyone have any info or a decent resource book they can suggest on this topic - thanks in advance Robert@pop.

post-2349-0-93518200-1318470418_thumb.jp

post-2349-0-26893600-1318470426_thumb.jp

Hi and thank you for taking a look at this, I am trying to research, some of the other items manufactured by Marble Companies, in particular learning more about and how to identify

Alley Glass made glass animals - I read about these several years ago but have had trouble finding any information - I picked up this small Boston Terrier , which "may" have been produced by one of these companies, anyone have any info or a decent resource book they can suggest on this topic - thanks in advance Robert@pop.

robert ... nope, not alleys. this topic is .. still .. under discussion as to the true identity traits of alley. there is another glass co. that makkes very similiar pieces. the scottie dog has 1 of the most identifiable marks. i will pic it later to show the marks. it's an ongoing situation with these. where were the records ???? har.. these i.d. marks that we use came directly from the alley family collection. lots here to expand on ... bill

robert ... this scottie has definate and accepted markings as an alley. several characteristics are indications of maker. the collar, which has dots or studs .. pictured .. the texture of the glass ... the mold seam from front to back .. the ears are not seperated ... the grind mark on the bottom ... and this example does have differant color tones. the i.d. factors came directly from an example in the collection of the alley family. other examples include a multitude of barnyard animals .. ducks .. geese .. squirrels ... horse .. mule . ... birds .. swans .. bears ... in a multitude of positions.

compounding the issue is that are other co.'s that made very similiar patterns also. but, there are readily identifiable differances in the finished product. some are very subtle, but differant. an ongoing effort to be more precise in what is truly alleys work is continuing and hopefully done sooner than later. at least, i hope this 1 example helps you. alleys will .. not .. be a smooth surface glass ... bill

post-75-0-98319300-1318553416_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-18479000-1318553433_thumb.jpg