Is There Such A Thing As A Turkey Head Marble?

Those marbles are Vacors and they sometime fold in a way to make a pattern resembling CAC Turkeys. Several other companies can also have similar Folds. But only CACs are true Turkeys. Here is a pretty good example of a CAC Turkey and a few other CAC turkeys.

Thanksgiving_Turkey.jpgturkeys.jpg

Of course since I have so many but maybe a trade would be better!...lol

Also, right now, ALL my collection is in a storage unit that is FULL!!!!! until I get moved into the rental we are fixing up. So it might be a few eeks before I get to the storage boxes where my marble collection is...lol.

I'll PM ya

Here’s a vacor turkey c.a. look alike that I pulled out of a huge vat of marbles at a fao schwarz toy store in the early 90’s ...... getting to old to remember when it was exactly.

vacorcalookalike.jpg

Here’s a killer C.A. turkey with a tail :-)

turkeytail.jpg

Here’s another nice c.a. turkey swirl...... with a double turkey

turkey1.jpg

turkey2.jpg

Here’s a vacor turkey c.a. look alike that I pulled out of a huge vat of marbles at a fao schwarz toy store in the early 90’s ...... getting to old to remember when it was exactly.

vacorcalookalike.jpg

Here’s a killer C.A. turkey with a tail :-)

turkeytail.jpg

Here’s another nice c.a. turkey swirl...... with a double turkey

turkey1.jpg

turkey2.jpg

Your vacro example has alot in common with Galens C,A, example with the oxblood and all. Interesting!

"Your vacro example has alot in common with Galens C,A, example with the oxblood and all. Interesting!"

If you look carefully and compare the vacor look alike with Galen's c.a. swirl you'll see obvious differences in the glass between the vacor I found in the vat and his c.a swirl. :-)

There are differences in the composition of the colors of the glass used by each company, their construction attributes, and the resulting textural surface features..imho.

I think if one were to actually call the brownish red color oxblood on the vacor example, (which I would not), it was purely incidental and not by design. His c.a. swirl looks brown but does not look like the faux oxblood on the vacor example.

BT

"Your vacro example has alot in common with Galens C,A, example with the oxblood and all. Interesting!"

If you look carefully and compare the vacor look alike with Galen's c.a. swirl you'll see obvious differences in the glass between the vacor I found in the vat and his c.a swirl. :-)

There are differences in the composition of the colors of the glass used by each company, their construction attributes, and the resulting textural surface features..imho.

I think if one were to actually call the brownish red color oxblood on the vacor example, (which I would not), it was purely incidental and not by design. His c.a. swirl looks brown but does not look like the faux oxblood on the vacor example.

BT

I have seen some vacro in the sunburst forum with several shades of red/oxblood. Some of the clown fish vacro have been passed off as Masters, which have sold in the hundreds of dollars. I'm not saying Galens is vacro! It's just interesting how much both have in common. I have some examples in different styles and will post them if I get a chance in both the master a C.A, forum.