New Marble Show In Effingham Il.

Cackid,I am working on starting a show at effingham il. in early december or next year around that time.Effingham is at the crossroads of interstate 70 &interstate 57 in eastcentral il.Will post more information later this summer. Several hotel to chose from ,lots of restaurants.Any feedback will be apreciated.

I don't know if scheduling a show between Thanksgiving and New Years, when many people are busy with holidays and family, is such a good idea. I think that is a significant part of why attendance at the Hannibal show had fallen off so much in recent years. And currently, in the Midwest, we have the Crossroads of America show in September, The Badger Marble Club Show in October, The Pride of the Prarie Show in November and the Indianapolis Show at the beginning of January and the Buckeye show in February. The area may be saturated already. Having said that, I'd probably drive the hour to be there. lol.

Cackid, all of the people who attend the decatur show drive there,I am not concerned about an airport in the area.Chuck Garrett and I talked about possible dates to have show,he suggested first of december but i am open to all suggestions.This year the decatur show & and w.v. show were on same dates ,which hurt both shows because people had to make a chose about which show they attended.I would sure like to avoid that issue and not conflict with existing show dates.

Cackid,just hoping to bring more exposure to the marble collecting hobby,there aren,t enough younger people out there to carry on this activity we love.We have lost so many people this passed few years ,alan,vic,evertt,art just to name a few.The more people who see these beautiful works of round art that we all care so much about the more likely we will inspire new young collecters.Have also toyed with St. Louis mo. area or collensville il. area.