A Half A-- Job

well, how freaken cool is that,, i'de keep it that way, it just looks cool,, nice job, bet that was hard,,, j

I did that over 20 years ago and I still have the marble. Brian E. tried everyway in the world to get it from me in the Spring at the Canton Oh show but I told him that someday my granddaughter would be the proud owner of it. I worked in a R&D firm and we had our own optics dept. and with the equipt. we had it wasn't that hard to do. OBTW this photo was taken with a poloroid model 640 digital camera and the resolution was only 750KB Thanks for the nice comment. Ronnie

nice one ronny! i didnt remember the beetle bailey marble until i see your avatar. memory fading fast ;(

Hi Scott, Yeah I got that memory problem as well, along with some other parts that quit working. Steph helped me yesterday and instructed me on how to get my avatar loaded. I only posted the sulphide to get my avatar some exposure as someday it will be as famous as the creator of the beetle bailey masterpiece is! Notice I said famous not infamous! LOL Later!!! Ronnie

Just thought I'd toot my own horn here this morning and start the day out right. Ronniepost-299-0-21807400-1335526177_thumb.jpg

Ronnie,

Sounds as if you've perfected an accurately restored pontil. Much better than the recessed dremel-tool pontil you used to make.

How can a collector tell this type of restored pontil from an original?

I would like one for my collection of fakes and reproductions. Do you have for sale, any restored marbles with this pontil?

regards,

Hansel

Ronnie,

Sounds as if you've perfected an accurately restored pontil. Much better than the recessed dremel-tool pontil you used to make.

How can a collector tell this type of restored pontil from an original?

I would like one for my collection of fakes and reproductions. Do you have for sale, any restored marbles with this pontil?

regards,

Hansel

Hansel, I'm sort of like Scott, if he wanted to make a Flame that no one could tell was not original he could do it and if I wanted to put an elevated pontil on a marble and no one could tell the difference I could do it, but not to worry I do not do that anymore and I don't think Scott does either. Scott and I are both artist's the very best of the best. I will show you the sulphide in Columbus this year and you decide how you feel about it. I had one person tell me it was a glue on job. Well you bring along some acetone, methelene chloride or a single edge razor blade and a pocket full of money to bet with and we'll just see if it's real glass or not!! and OBTW remember when you handed me that basket case of a rare marble that was missing about one sixth of it's glass and I took it downstairs and in about a half hour brought it back up to you and you couldn't tell the repair except it was more clear in that spot, well that's what you need to be concerned about, and OBTW I don't do that type of repair any more. Have a good one Hansel, Ronnie

"Scott and I are both artist's[,] the very best of the best."

"what is this? true confessions?"

No, more like "Wild Kingdom's, The Kings of the Plains"; brought to you by PETA.

Don't take me serious, Just having a little fun, That's what this thread is about, having some fun!

<snip> and OBTW remember when you handed me that basket case of a rare marble that was missing about one sixth of it's glass and I took it downstairs and in about a half hour brought it back up to you and you couldn't tell the repair except it was more clear in that spot, well that's what you need to be concerned about, and OBTW I don't do that type of repair any more. Have a good one Hansel, Ronnie

Ronnie, your plastic fills were very good, especially the way you had a knack for feathering in the fill edges and recreating a rounded contour. But the fills can easily be detected by gently tapping over the marble surface with another glass marble. The sharp 'clink' of glass to glass becomes a dull 'clunk' when tapping over the fill.

Hansel