Pinchers, Pinchers, Pinchers

Pinchers are an older neat little veneered marble. We called them pinchers because it looked like they needed their ends pinched closed. Mostly found as a 1 color striper marble, using a clear transparent base glass. Every now and then you could find one in multi colors, and if you got lucky you could find one that looked like a sparkler or sunburst. Rare in larger sizes 7/8ths and up. wediscount2

post-299-0-23312200-1338335853_thumb.jpg

I collected them for a while, just for fun, and then for a little longer because I get obsessed! :) I've heard the larger ones called wales, too, and the smaller ones, pinchers or Mt. Fuji apples. To me, they look like their ends have been pinched off. Either way, they are a fun, if silly, little marble!

I agree that the big ones and multicolored ones are harder to find. I also think that the "pinchers" or Mt. Fuji's are distinct from the Wales marbles but . . .?

These are as found in a tin-litho Whitman chinese checkers game.

2494889780104684377S600x600Q85.jpg

well it looks like mine are or are from Union Bags ?? I must have a German one in the lot also . they are a small 1 inch . Have a few - 3 doubles if any interest ?/ any one have an idea as what there worth ?? Mike

MVC-530S.jpg

MVC-533S.jpg

MVC-534S.jpg