Missed It

It looks like a picture of each pole, and I knew it was polished. I'd rather have some remaining damage than have the pontils ground off, or wide-open at the poles, or a misshapen marble.

I think it's probably worth $500, but I wasn't willing to go any higher than that (didn't really want to go even that high).

I also see a pic of each pole. My understanding from the description and pics is that they are selling an original condition marble, with original 'polished pontil' marks, but from here the pics are not clear enough to accurately assess the marble.

If that is both pontils they have been ground off and opened up. But I am pretty sure it is 2 angles of the same pole, but still ground off and opened up IMO. Colors match up almost perfectly if you study the 2 pics very very carefully. And top pole wouldn't be stretched the same as bottom pole. I still say consider yourself lucky!

Pics 2 and 5 show one pontil and pic 4 shows the other. In my experience the larger ones do come with gapey pontils but nothing to suggest this was done later than when they were made. Camera flash can lose the detail a good close up pic in natural light might have retained.

I don't know much about hand mades but till now i've always thought that a hand made with open pontils is a polished marble.

Do i understand well that is not the case with this marble?

They polished pontils at that time to look better to show?

The strange thing is i've found a lot of handmades here in Holland,mostly rough grounded or regular but never with open pontils.

The pontils do not look polished to me, and the description suggests that they have been pretty much left intact, while the rest of the marble has been polished.

I have seen Onionskins that were not polished at all, and they had pontils alot more open than this one has.

Galen is right, they are only showing one pontil. Also notice that the zoom feature wasn't avail on this mib as it was the others from this seller.

im seeing 2 pontils, but could be a different angle of the same pontil. hard one to call