Think I Know What It Is...

winnie

but never have seen it before.

Found it in an old group,most of them are Japanese transitionals.

It's 5/8 has a clear base and the swirl is more orange than yellow in hand,has a messy sort of spidery cut-off.

Your thoughts...

orbrLarge_zps9fa3b18a.jpg

Thanks Galen,did you or anyone else know that they exist and if so,are there also other colored spirals in a clear base?

Yes

I have a green one but it is terribly bland compared to yours.

I can TRY to take pics of it,but it is terribly difficult on the dark one's because it reflects the light as it is dark to the point much of the light doesn;t pass through it.

I CAN give you a cursory view though, with minimal detail lol

DSC03775.jpg

DSC03777.jpg

DSC03778.jpg

I do wish mine were closer to yours in color and activity, but....I have what I have and they do not come up online too often on the bay :)

These were taken WITH direct light with under lighting from the base

I do not colect marbles in this condition. A moon ruins a marble for me,but this was the 1st one I had acquired, it was random and they are fairly uncommon,so I keep it in my desk as a reference :)

It looks like yours is a green transparant base with a white swirl in it,it's very common,i've lots of them.

Mine is a clear uncolored base with an orange swirl in it. I'm curious if someone knows they exist,maybe with other colored swirls in it.

winnie

It looks like yours is a green transparant base with a white swirl in it,it's very common,i've lots of them.

Mine is a clear uncolored base with an orange swirl in it. I'm curious if someone knows they exist,maybe with other colored swirls in it.

winnie

My apologies winnie, I misread your posting to the point of assuming you mean how uncommon the Japanese transitionals were in-general ;)

My apologies winnie, I misread your posting to the point of assuming you mean how uncommon the Japanese transitionals were in-general ;)

No need to apologize,misreading often happens to me.Some times i have to read it twice LOL.

Gnome, your 1st pic almost looks like some grinding action on the pontil. Might be older than the 'transitionals'.

Winnie, a clear base isn't something I've seen before on those types of marbles.

i know JACK about pre machine made. You will have to explain what you mean as well as examples :)

I have them in small amounts but I just don;t care for them and I have limited knowledge on them. I can tell cores apart,etc, but as far as in-depth learning I have never bothered

I believe there is some damage near the cut off-pontil of Gnome's marble,could it be a regular pontil??

Found in my box,this Japanese damaged one,it has a clear base aswell,a white swirl followed by brownish red,so maybe the clear base is not so unusual as i thought,it is the yellow swirl that struck me.

cleartrLarge_zps6ee73705.jpg