Need Your Help - Estimation Of Value For Two Marbles

Hi

I am currently establishing a database of my collection of old handmades. There are two marbles which are probably signifacantly more valueable than the price I paid for them and therefore I would add the approximate value too, not just the price I paid for them.

One is an alternating black & white latticino swirl in mint- condition, size is 29/32

The other is a large cranberry ribbon lutz, mint- condition, size is 1 17/32 inches

Attached are two photos of them. I would estimate the value for the lutz at about $ 5'000.00 and for the black & white latticino at $ 2'000.00, but this is just a guess. So I would really appreciate some inputs.

Thank you very much :)

Ron

post-2885-0-41998200-1381577947_thumb.jp

post-2885-0-92131900-1381578033_thumb.jp

Although it wasn't mentioned in the original post, there could be a significant range...depending on if you mean replacement value for insurance purposes, or what could be reasonably expected if you were to re-sell (and if so, through what channels: eBay, private auction, fixed price, etc.)

I'll agree with the earlier comments though, nice marbles. Can't say I've seen that combo in a vintage Latt before

Thanks folks !

Yes, I know it is difficult to put a value on and I know how prices could vary depending how many people want the marble. The database of my collection should reflect the approximate values of my marbles as an indicator for whoever inherit this collection once (because I can't imagine I will ever part with my marbles as long as I live).

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Ron

Never seen an alternating b/w latticinio. WOW.

Hi Ann

I bought it together with a bunch of other marbles and didn't notice this marble at all. But when I had a closer look at them later I was very surprised to see the b/w alternating latticino core ! I have never heard of or seen a similar marble. I asked Bob Block and he told me he had seen one or two black latticinos. So it is not unheard of but for sure very rare.

Ron