What Sites Are Berry Pinks Dug From?

Steph

I dug em in paden city....I never dug one in st marys....I don't think anybody I was digging with found any there....but I couldn't say for sure if they wasn't made there..i just haint seen one from there....other diggers might have different results....they coulda been expermitin there...who knows??...I don't know for sure...

he was always givin away marbles from when he started...that's not to say that just the berry pinks were made at paden city....or maybe it was a tribute design for him...or maybe he wanted a special marble made ...if the marbles he gave away in the 30s were what we call berry pinks then that's an answer...if not then when did he start givin the berry pinks away...

Thanks for the Paden City info. That's what I sorta remembered but it's so hard to mesh the marble structure with other Paden City marbles, isn't it.

In the 30's he was trying to find ways to sell more Pelts, so I figured he gave away Rainbos. He told a story of holding out handfuls of marbles to see what the kids chose, and red was by far the most popular. That could explain why Pelt had assorted boxes and boxes just of bloodies.

But someone once -- was it Lloyd -- showed a picture of a Berry Pink agate. If I'm remembering right. And I've wondered if he was giving those away to kids before his Marble King days. Or if those were souvenirs for adults. Has anyone ever seen more than one of those?