This Was News Today

winnie

Yes you both are right,when i first saw the marbles on TV,i said to my husband,this is not good,there are newer Japanese cat's in the box,it's not possible Anne has played with them.

Then i saw this picture of the box and i look close,saw 2 "German"cat's in the right corner,turquoise and green,of which i think are made before WW11,but thats an supposition.

Cees do you have proof this "German"cat's are made in Ill menau in the early 50's,any packed?

More German cat's

DSC04565Medium.jpg

Winnie,

Post #3 has an original box from Ilmenau.

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/6821-german-marbles-original-packaging/

There are also some small plastic bags with cardboard headers with similar marbles from Ilmenau.

Paul i had seen that video,that was on TV here,and than i thought those are Japanese.

Thanks Hansel,Those Illmenau cat's are different from my German cat's and also different from the 2 under on the right corner of the tin box.

I quess i'm the only one on earth who thinks that sort of cat's eyes are made before WW11.LOL

Winnie, I think one problem with the idea that cat eyes were made pre WWII is that there is no mention anywhere of German cateyes in advertisements or catalogs for such marbles even in the years close to after WWII. And they would have had to have been made pre-1940 as the gas supplies needed to produce glass marbles would not have been allowed during the years of War and expansion for Germany.