Somethings Always Shakin In Ca

lstmmrbls

and last night it was under the house!!!!! epicenter just over 6 miles away. Out at a gathering with Napa city manager last night. He has his hands full today!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing broken here was a Marbles Dairy milk bottle so no big loss. Everything was jumpin and shakin but all settled back where the stuff belonged. Weeeewwwww!!! Store shelves dumped and some store front windows blown out just down the street about 1/2 a mile away.

It was a good one. I'm 60 miles from there, and it woke me up at 3:20 this morning. My hanging light fixtures were really swinging, and it felt like being in a rocking boat for half a minute. The Loma Prieta earthquake 25 years ago was much stronger.

One of my friend has a small apartment building in Napa. 2 Hot water heaters(with earthquake straps) broke away from the supply lines and flooded the whole building. It was like that all over the area, The street buckling was the most incredible stuff. Some up to 3 feet in the air where the ground heaved together underneath the road ways and side walks. Saw some lane striping that had almost a foot shift where the fault crack moved side to side. Luckily most of the homes are on slabs so they ride out the quakes real well.

I am amazed that you folks up there didn't experience "marblegedden" last night! So glad!

It was a good reminder for earthquake zone people with glass display cases to always keep a pair of shoes at the bed side. I haven't experienced anything more than 3.1 down here in Santa Barbara.