Marble Knee-Pads Question

I recently got this box but I can't seem to figure out what might have been in it. The lid says it's a knee-pad of some kind. I thought because it has an insert it might have had a knee-pad of some type folded up on one side, and marbles on the other. Has anyone seen this before? The box is a bit rough, but really neat.

It's about 4 x 3. The two inserts spots are only 2" across. I laid a leather Akro style on the lid and it hangs over a bit on each side and end. The box is marked on the side Norwood Products Cincinnati. My searches are coming up empty. These pictures really stink, there is no green on the cover. But you get the idea.

Edit: spelling

post-38-0-36073400-1428716830_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-37569600-1428716837_thumb.jpg

I have an Akro Agate tin box with a knee pad where the marble bag is in my other boxes, When I bought it, I was told it was original to the box, There were marbles in the box when I bought it, but I replaced the broken and chipped ones. I remember it had red spirals in it that were is such bad condition, split in half, fractured, chunks missing that I had to replace that row. I used to have a pic of it but can't find it now. I'll have to do a pic again

akro-box-with-knee-pad.jpg

This is the box my dear friend Gary Lee Clark bought at the Tulsa Ok marble show back in the 1990's. The knee pad was original to the box, the seller said. Many of the marbles were damaged Gary asked Weldon and I to replace the broken ones. I did replace them . He died and his children gave us all of his marbles. I put a card in the box so that our son would know which box had belonged to his godfather.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...