Breakfast Cereal Memories

kbobam

Saw an ad recently for a new cereal that looked like it actually had a little hunk of Hershey bar inside each piece.

As an adult, or possibly 'post-adult' this naturally made me gag a little.

Why would anyone eat this junk when they could start their day right by simply drinking coffee and smoking?

But then I thought back a year or two or three, and started remembering enjoying the super sweet stuff.

I remember not being very fond of the chocolate varieties. Because they didn't taste anything like it

Count Chocula and Coco Pebbles just didn't cut it. So maybe this new one isn't such a bad thing.

At one point I think it was the original Corn Flakes people who came out with a variety that had pieces of freeze-dried strawberries in it. I loved it but it all came back up 30 seconds later. Kids do the cutest things! Luckily, the sweeter and even more delicious Captain Crunch with Crunchberries was able to replace it.

I'm going to shut up now and finish by saying that Banana Frosted Flakes gets the gold medal. I bet I'd still like it.

Does anyone else have any disgusting childhood breakfast favorites? Non-cereal stuff also welcome! ( :

CFSBstrip1_zps3ixbe5h8.gif

(I really miss Calvin and Hobbes.)

As a grown up I ate a whole box of Kaboom in one setting. The result wasn't pretty.

Frankenberry and Lucky Charms were two of my favorite cereals as a kid. I didn't appreciate Count Chocula or Coco Pepples either.

But I also enjoyed shredded wheat and grape nuts if I managed to get to them before they got soggy. Now I like 'em okay even if they're soggy.

I disliked oatmeal greatly. It was only good insofar as it was gooed up with brown sugar. Now I love oatmeal because of how I prepare it -- cooking it with milk and fruit already in.

Malt-o-meal was my favorite hot cereal as a kid. Still ate too much brown sugar on it but it was okay without.

Just about anything with freeze dried strawberries is a-ok to me.

Not a nice memory but a vivid one. 1st bowl of Cocoa Puffs involved very violent upchucking. Even the sight of chocolate cereal of any type still results in feelings of revulsion.

I don't do cereal for breakfast but do have it for the occasional evening snack. Banana Frosted Flakes being on the menu.

Just a Frosted Flakes girl.

Except on Sundays, when daddy would fix us coffee, tomato juice, fried Virginia ham or bacon, eggs, toast . . .

I could also occasionally eat oatmeal if it had enough butter, brown sugar, and cream in it . . .