Opposite Corkscrews, Similar Colors

Hey cool, I found something.... it's from 2007, it states a research project was done, and resulted in a 50/50 split, on the left-to-right and the right-to-left corkscrew occurances.

Hope this link works:

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/7265-akro-stats-cork-counts/

So there's some information. :)

I was curious about the frequency of one over the other.

Here's another similar set

sclsu - I'm still looking around, I don't know the answer to your question.

post-78-0-11764800-1434980292_thumb.jpg

Bo Stiff collected corkscrews with the same colors, but different base glass and corking ribbon. I didn't say that very well. I'll try another way. He liked opposites so he collected blue base glass with a green corking ribbon and green base glass with a blue corking ribbon. He had a lot of opposites.

Bo Stiff collected corkscrews with the same colors, but different base glass and corking ribbon. I didn't say that very well. I'll try another way. He liked opposites so he collected blue base glass with a green corking ribbon and green base glass with a blue corking ribbon. He had a lot of opposites.

Fun!

Would that be considered a left handed and a right handed twist? Or is that only a thing with hand gathered?

I'd say mostly/only a thing with hand gathered.

Not sure there's been enough attention paid to it on corks for the feature to get a name.

But maybe someone who's not blanking on it can come up with a name off the tip of their tongue.

That is a cool idea :)

I kind of like this opposite corkscrew direction, now I have a new reason to sort through what I do have again lol.

I took a lot of photos over the weekend and just noticed the opposite corks in the photos. ( I'm still trying to find the best lighting :D )