Inky

So, is "Inky" an actual title of a marble, or is it just a description, an adjective? and does it only apply to the dark bluish color, like india ink? Or only to a certain brand of marble?

Is this considered an Inky?

I've looked around a little, but haven't found anything really on Inky.

post-78-0-37532500-1435241280_thumb.jpg

I've also seen some India-ink-blue on white corkscrews called "inkies." At each pole, at the start / end of the corkscrew, the dark blue always had a kind of a "wet-ink-on-white-paper" look. Kind of like on Jess's example above. I'll see if I can find one.

Would love to see a pic of both the Alley and the Peltier types. Don't think I've ever seen either.

Whoop! I hadn't even considered the spelling of it.

It sounds like an Inkie is a blue or black striping on a white base? So is Alley then the only maker that called one of their marbles an Inkie, and the others are collector-named?

Yes, I would love to see pics.

I think the Alley name is also a collector name. Right, Bill?

yes, it is steph. wasn't aware of peltier .. and others ... bill ........... got mine in a box .. somewhere .........

Gonna add my (two) cents worth to this subject. I have noticed over the last few years that so called (names) cross over to different manufacturers, per say this subject "Inkys".

Alley-"Inky"--white or off white opaquish base with swirls (or flames) of vibrant blue rich color, resembling writers (ink)

Peltier-"Inky"--Opalescent yellowish transparent to translucent base glass with the blue color palat as the one above (Mikes example)

So far no other makers are attributed to this name yet, even though there could be? Chuck G--

I was looking around trying to find another Pelt similar to the one above, no luck :(

ann, is this close to what you described above?

It's close. The color should be more India-inky, though . . . a little more to the black-blue side. But the ends of the cork look pretty good - -