How Do You Ship Single Marbles

jten

What is the best way to pack and ship single marbles? How do you pack and ship 10 to twenty. I want to sell on ebay. Have been unable to find small boxes locally. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

John

I prefer using small boxes. If you are willing to invest a little up front in things like boxes and bubble wrap, you could try Uline.com. (They have a minimum purchase, last I checked, but you can get a nice combination of items in that miniumum purchase.) You could also try a site such as Staples.com for smaller purchases.

Some people use bubble-lined envelopes.

Some people use the smallest flatrate box from the postal service. That commits you to a pretty big postal charge for a single marble -- nearly $6. But that price includes $50 insurance, so that's a good thing.

For small numbers of marbles in excellent condition, I use 2"x2" ziplock baggies to make sure condition stays the same as I described it.

If it's a near-mint condition group, I just wrap them snuggly in larger ziplock backs and bubble wrap cushion.

Hope there's a useful idea in there somewhere.

For individual marbles I take a few packing peanuts (the squishy ones, not rigid) and wrap them around the marble with a piece of tape. I ship them in a 6×10 padded envelope, which are fairly cheap on amazon. EBay does offer discounts on shipping supplies when you have a basic subscription but I haven't used them

Hi John...I like the small white Indestructo boxes from ULINE. The ones that are 4" x 3" x 2" tall,( model #S-425), will hold one to maybe ten marbles, and cost $30 for 100 boxes. They come flat, and easily fold into a nice, strong box.

They have any size box you could ever want.

Thank you for the tips. The last time I sold some marbles on the bay I sent out some benningtons wrapped in newspaper and the buyer gave me a negative revue, my first. I think they are almost indestructible, figured you could drive a car over the box with no damage to them

John