When Did Champion Make/acquire Peewee Clearies?

Steph

When I was 12, I got some clearies of many sizes. I'm pretty sure the source was Champ's Bicentennial bag but not positive -- Santa put them in my stocking and so I didn't see the packaging. But the year was right for them to be the Bicentennial bag.

Sooooo ... as we know, the Bicentennial bags contained marbles from many makers. And the peewees have been said to be Alleys.

Is that still the ID status on those peewees?

The question came to mind today when I came across this muslin bag pic I'd saved long ago. I looked the bag up online today and found that it was filled with peewee clearies.

med_gallery_279_403_180136.jpg

Source: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/2547749_418-champion-agate-sampler-bag

So when would Champ have acquired those peewees for this bag or for the Bicentennial bags? Of course Alley closed long before 1976.

I don't know how anyone could identify a clearie pee wee or colored clearie pee wee or any other size clearie ? I think Champion had their own pee wee size machine. I have seen and had that type Champion bag also filled with solids and a mix or solids clearies and swirls. That same type bag also contained 5/8 marbles. Les Jones saved three or four of those type Champion bags for me.

Back in 2010, I was told 99% chance of Alley.

It did seem strange that Champion would have Alley peewees on hand 27 years after the company went out of business.

So it's cool to hear that Champ could do peewees also.

That is entirely possible - Champion polybag material, Champion headers and Champion marbles - all original except staples. That is one of the reasons that Champion bags rarely sell. I have not see many bags with this header being filled. Many other haves MK's in them and they are obviously filled. It would be nice to know what type of headers that Roger & Claudia got in th purchase. Anybody up for asking them if they have any idea?