Peltier Blue Panda

JerryG

Since I'm getting no response from the folks over on AAM, I'll try here. These two were described as Blue Pandas. But they are very different. The left marble has a transparent/translucent blue base and the right on has an opaque greyish-blue base. They both can't be Blue Pandas ... Can they?

BluePanda2.jpg

I think the majority of the discussions I've seen about Pandas said the base should be opaque, or maybe it was "mostly opaque".

I saw at least two discussions where a base that was slightly transparent/translucent was allowed into that club.  

So ... I think the answer is yes.  Both could be Pandas of some sort.   

Thanks mig, Those two, the Poison Bee and the Blue Zebra have been lucky finds. The other one you mention, it and the liberty below it, I have never really been able to nail down. They are NLR but with a translucent base like the Angels but a bit different, not quite as creamy, for the lack of better words. I have seen a few others with that base but only the K&M and Liberty, never seen a Christmas tree or rebel but I am looking. =}

So, I'm still not sure what I've got. Neither look like the above. And I've got yet another blue base NLR on it's way. Think I'm going to have to find someone to take them in hand. Thanks to everyone.

9 hours ago, jeeperman said:

Thanks mig, Those two, the Poison Bee and the Blue Zebra have been lucky finds. The other one you mention, it and the liberty below it, I have never really been able to nail down. They are NLR but with a translucent base like the Angels but a bit different, not quite as creamy, for the lack of better words. I have seen a few others with that base but only the K&M and Liberty, never seen a Christmas tree or rebel but I am looking. =}

I've been watching those dishwater Liberties too.  I think the base glass is similar too, and maybe sometimes the same as seen in Red Angels.  I wonder if they are from a similar, brief period of production.  Many of the Angels I've seen seem to have fragile glass and are heavily damaged, often prone to further damage and expansion to bubble pops...and just speculation here, but maybe this lead to a brief lifespan for this type of glass? They just don't seem to have a durable surface, generally.  Only one of the Angels I have is graded in the 9.0s. This Liberty was my Father's.....a collection found at his Mother's house....he was a kid in the early 1930's. I would like to know what others think of these too. 

dadsliberty4 copy.jpg