Black Flocked 1x10 Tray Inserts for Cheap Marble Storage

I just got these (2) Black Flocked 1x10 Compartment Jewelry Display Tray Inserts today for $7.50 with shipping and am happy. You can also get (12) of them for $26.99 OBO. I don't know the seller. This is my first purchase from them.

For those of you who can bear to let your marbles touch, the ten, 1 1/8" wide flocked compartments allow you to stagger two columns of 5/8" marbles nicely. Much larger and they don't fit side by side but if you mix that size range you can manage to snug them together well. The black background provides excellent contrast. 1" marbles also fit well but 15/16" ones wiggle with the extra space, but if you have Toe Breakers they may be very happy in these shoes.

I used to use the clear grid "show off trays" which are great for keeping and protecting marbles, but I dislike my marbles secreted away in grids. These trays break up the dull grid lines and offset each marble to accentuate them, so I'd rather risk a scratch or worse by having them at hand in trays like this to daily see and touch any time I want.

When full these trays are a bit flimsy so you have to use two hands to lift and carry but they could be fitted into sturdier boxes or sliding trays.

Stay tuned for an update when I get these Cigar Box Foam Cigar Trays

2016-04-21 20.24.38.jpg

2016-04-21 20.24.45.jpg

They're also 'at hand' for photos.
Where you've clearly shown that the colors look really good against the black!  ( :

And the cigar tray foam looks promising!
It looks like it would be very efficient for getting a larger number of marbles in
a given-size container than the 'bumpy foam'.  Although, as you pointed out,
some people might prefer to keep their marbles more separated.  Seems to me
that both the foams could be very useful for different situations.

Another thing about the cigar foam is something you reminded me about that I'd
forgotten.  A buddy of mine who has no other interest in cigars once told me that
he thought certain cigar boxes were pretty cool artistically, and that he'd 'collected'
a few of them.  So if you're willing to accept that some people who like marbles might
also have some degree of a more 'general' overall 'collecting nature', then nice marbles
in nice cigar boxes might have a particularly enjoyable 'double whammy' effect for them.  :)  

Speaking of cigar boxes, this brand I found came with its own flocked tray originally. Width of compartments is deal because you can fit 5/8" up to 7/8" and they spaced far apart enough to stand out and not clutter, but the depth is too deep for my taste although technically perfect for 7/8" mibs. Would make a very nice holder for shooters but ultimately I prefer larger trays.

cigar.jpg