Little ones - 1/2" patches

ManofKent

Is there fire inside?  A glow when the light just passes through the white -- making sure that you aren't accidentally getting color coming in from the red?

It would be good to show us both cutlines or both ends of the patch.  

My first thought was to say Akro.  Because that's what is usually answered with those tiny patches.  But if you have glow through the white, then you might have itty Peltier Acme Realers.  

Thanks Steph  - I tried against the light  - more of an opalescent glow than a real fire. The base white isn't very bubbly, but there's the odd one - there's a sort of flame line effect going on in the base.

PEEWEE.jpg

6 hours ago, sclsu said:

I think master

Very clean cutlines and no U / V seam crimp + small size probably makes Master an unlikely possibility but there is some resemblance to some cloudy photos I've seen.

Teeny Masters are supposedly super rare.  

Here are my peewees from two Rosenthal boxes.  I think I've seen the Rosenthal box with red in them also.  I'm not saying I think that's what yours are.  Just that I've been intrigued by little white based peewee patches for a long time ... and I've never been totally sure that I figured out who made mine.  Much less what all companies made similar.  .... I wanted mine to be Alley for the longest time, and I'm still not sure that they weren't made at the Sistersville site, after Mr. Alley moved to a new site.  

gallery_279_159_145854.jpg

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/20413-for-what-companies-did-rosenthal-jobber/?do=findComment&comment=178669

Thanks Steph - some of those are pretty close although mine don't really show obvious feathering off of the colour - the transition  is very definite between the translucent patch and white base. Akro Royal is looking a strongish possibility to my eyes from photos.

I don't have any more guesses.

I have just sorta given you a nutshell version of my thoughts about the tiny patches.  

Bottom line: Long been fascinated, but never got a resolution.  I always have my eye out for more info on them. 

3 minutes ago, Steph said:

I don't have any more guesses.

I have just sorta given you a nutshell version of my thoughts about the tiny patches.  

Bottom line: Long been fascinated, but never got a resolution.  I always have my eye out for more info on them. 

Thanks - I think I'll file them under probable Akro for now unless anyone else comes along with something or I come across other marbles that give an in the hand identification.