Number 4 set for ID

GoofyCat

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Bottom one is handgathered, but something about how the tail ends makes me think a closer look might be in order.

is that the white tailthingy in the bottom right pic?  I'll take some closer pics of it..

MFC strove for more white than transparent glass in their slags 60-70% I believe it was,  It made a majority of their slags very difficult to get light to pass all the way through. When I see a slag with that much transparent glass and no long cutoff and obvious tail I look to other makers

Me too.  And that doesn't look like a MFC cut off.  Bottom left pic = looks like it could be a melted pontil (without very much carbon schmutz), which would nudge it over towards J. H. Leighton, maybe either Navarre or Barberton.  Most of the Navarres I've seen have been purple or a dark color that reads as black, and the lighter-colored ones always seem to be Barberton.

Not gonna die on that hill, though.

14 hours ago, lstmmrbls said:

MFC strove for more white than transparent glass in their slags 60-70% I believe it was,  It made a majority of their slags very difficult to get light to pass all the way through. When I see a slag with that much transparent glass and no long cutoff and obvious tail I look to other makers

2 minutes ago, ann said:

Me too.  And that doesn't look like a MFC cut off.  Bottom left pic = looks like it could be a melted pontil (without very much carbon schmutz), which would nudge it over towards J. H. Leighton, maybe either Navarre or Barberton.  Most of the Navarres I've seen have been purple or a dark color that reads as black, and the lighter-colored ones always seem to be Barberton.

Not gonna die on that hill, though.

Useful!