gift box

Hi.  Welcome.

They made many boxes which could be considered gift boxes.

Photobucket is down right now, so I can't pull up my usual photos.  I found these two saved photos in my Akro folder.

large.1930_ish_Mike_001r.jpg.dc0b39ec1f6

large.1930_ish_Mike_001s.jpg.84f5fe8a191

I see you uploaded a photo in the gallery.  I'll post it here. :thup:   

I recognize that pattern.  Can't remember for sure if I've seen it with Akros.  It is very familiar though.  I can do some digging.  Meanwhile others might have pertinent comments. 

large.IMG_3745.JPG.f8a351b310d15af56f926

On 11/4/2016 at 10:41 AM, Steph said:

I see you uploaded a photo in the gallery.  I'll post it here. :thup:   

I recognize that pattern.  Can't remember for sure if I've seen it with Akros.  It is very familiar though.  I can do some digging.  Meanwhile others might have pertinent comments. 

large.IMG_3745.JPG.f8a351b310d15af56f926

very collectible box ......... 

I have owned 4 or more of these style boxes. They really did make them. However, this looks like the paper has been printed. The paper lid on these should feel rough with almost a texture on it. This looks smooth and has a shine that comes from a color copier. The bag is also a reproduction. The inserts don't match the outer box color which normally they do.

About half or more of the boxes you sell are reproductions. The marbles are nice and real. Just MHO.

Here are few examples.

box.jpg

AA_stainedglass_3.JPG

6a00e54f0014bd883401287570399d970c-800wi.jpg

I agree 100% with Craig.  The box you show above appears to have a printed semi-gloss box top and is absent of all surface texture.  The inserts of the box are also clearly newer.  Here is my old box for comparison - it also had newer inserts made by the very talented Art Jones.

Akro Agate Art Deco Gift Box.jpg