CAC or MFC Handgathered with clear base.

I think these are not resolved very well.   I agree that this would not be MFC.  I also think that it would not be a pinch/line pontil, nor a spidery Yasuda (Japan) transitional.  The base glass is unusual, as well as the pattern.  Roger of 'browse for antiques' championed the idea that in Canada there was also production of colored glass on a white base, and those had either a cut, or the cut line was slightly folded underneath and the cut was often obscured, and yours has a bit of this characteristic. It could be Akro, but it would be 'out there' somewhat, and very often their hand-gathered slags do not show a straight line as in this one and are usually somewhat bowed.  I also think that CAC American agate or the Pelts Prima agates don't really match what this base glass is doing...and I'm not convinced, with the exception of the burnt red versions (CAC), that these two are easy to discriminate. So, I guess I wouldn't make a call, except lean to Canadian transitional, and accept that getting this further now is not possible.  It is very cool, and worth keeping, and we could surely say it is transitional, probably 1920s. 

First it's a very nice marble and it intriques me a bit.

I've looked at my HG marbles,and I do not rule out Japanese.

Here are 3 Japanese HG marbles.

first: is a reversed 9

second:thin lines

third:this one has transparancy in some areas.

Therefore,I think a lot is possible with the Japanese.

trans.japan (Medium).gif