This was a first.

Have been selling my Peltier, MFC and Akro marbles on ebay for the past year or so (and some to you lucky private buyers).  Had a recent shock when one of my ebay buyers sent me a message that the marble she'd received, a purple/yellow popeye, wasn't 5/8 as described in my listing, but rather 9/16".  I'm very careful about measuring and grading, so I was surprised, but apologized for any error I'd made and approved the return.  Just received the return:  an empty padded envelope!  I use a sturdy cardboard carton, but she chose an envelope.  Whatever.  It was sealed perfectly top and bottom, but looked flat, no bulge for a marble, so I carefully patted it and still felt nothing.  Carefully opened it:  JUST FREAKING AIR inside!  Of course I hadn't issued a refund yet and I just got off the phone with ebay seller support, which assured me they'd release the funds from Paypal which had been put on hold when she started her complaint.  Have any of you run into this with ebay buyers?  I have to say I'm shocked, being kind of a naive person.  Does ebay prevent people like this from leaving negative feedback?  I've had 100% positive feedback and just became--woot woot--a Power Seller or something like that.

Thanks for the moral support! Just curious,  how would you block someone if he/she hasn't done anything specific to you to warrant the action?  I'll definitely post her name if this doesn't turn out in my favor.  I suppose it's possible to stick an envelope in the mail with a label on it that's been paid for by someone else (!) and not remember to put the disputed item in it.  ???!!!!  Thanks for the suggestion, Dani.  

I hope she just forgot to put the marble in there, which seems strange? Please do share the sellers name if this transaction ends up bad. I did buy a meter detector several years back and when I received it there has a brick in the box thank God PayPal didn't release the funds and I got my money back!

Thanks for the moral support! Just curious,  how would you block someone if he/she hasn't done anything specific to you to warrant the action?  I'll definitely post her name if this doesn't turn out in my favor.  I suppose it's possible to stick an envelope in the mail with a label on it that's been paid for by someone else (!) and not remember to put the disputed item in it.  ???!!!!  Thanks for the suggestion, Dani.  

Update:  What happened to "reply to this post"?  The page has changed, so I'll just add a comment here.  This ebay buyer sent me a "my bad" message saying she was in such a hurry to return the marble that she forgot to enclose it.  She says she put it in another envelope (!!!) and sent it again.  So I guess I'll be refunding her money again, after Paypal just released the funds yesterday into my account.

I'll have to specify returns must be in the same box they were sent in.  Why wouldn't someone save the nice sturdy carton for a return?  The marble could get damaged in a very slightly padded envelope.

This woman left me a negative in my perfect feedback before I even got the marble back for inspection, and said I tried to obstruct her return! (I guess because Paypal released her payment back to me.)  I went through the process to ask her to remove it, saying she'll have a refund as soon as I get a chance to inspect it.  What a @#!$#!!  Bob, that's almost funny because so many new collectors don't know a catseye from a handmade swirl.  After my experience though, I'm not laughing.

1 hour ago, VTAndrea said:

I need to know how to block a buyer on ebay if someone would be so kind as to walk me through the steps.  I've read the pages over and over again and am going in an endless loop.

Go to your seller dashboard on ebay (not on mobile). In the summary under "to do's" it will say block bidders. Just click on that, copy and paste the screen name into the box and hit save.