If you could design your own marble ...

.... what would it look like .....

I guess contemporary marble makers do it all the time, so maybe some of you have already designed and made your own marbles.

I'll probably never make a marble with a torch, but from time to time I think about learning to use photoshop ... or trying to draw ... to make my ideal marble.  But I can't even decide if it must have aventurine much less what the design would be, so I'm not ready to go to production. 

It would be a young pelt that was rolling thru the Orchard one day when he bumped into a orange citrus, as they sat visiting the young pelt got bit by a bumble bee, it made him angry and he became rebellious. He rolled into blue slag creek and as he cooled off his true colors began to shine thru. Whoever possessed this marble would be envied by all.:P

The nice thing about contemps is that we have a wealth of artists to choose from - and their work evolves over time.  Some of that work speaks to you and you can assemble examples that match your specific interests.

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

oh my ... yes ... as I was dreaming about being able to photoshop together pieces of six different marbles, I was remembering that some people are actually out there creating more and more amazing designs

Some ingenius stuff happening in the glass world.