Marble King - pinkish base

Though I can't remember red and pink, the blue and pink looks familiar.  I may have had some of those. 

Would have gotten mine in 2004 or 2005 from someone  who sold modern MK's.   He would sell them 100 at a time on eBay.  So I place that one at 2000, give or take.  

3 hours ago, Steph said:

Though I can't remember red and pink, the blue and pink looks familiar.  I may have had some of those. 

Would have gotten mine in 2004 or 2005 from someone  who sold modern MK's.   He would sell them 100 at a time on eBay.  So I place that one at 2000, give or take.  

Thank you - that's a lot later than I guessed. The Girl Scout (above) which came with the pink based didn't look like one of the really modern Girl Scout's to me (more early 70's). From the assortment of contents (different sizes) it looked like an emptied tournament bag, rather than of mixed origin.

2 hours ago, Alan said:

Those aren't jumping out at me as MK.  The one on the right looks a bit Pelt-ish.

I'm certain they're MK - there's a few others in the 100 odd lot that I'm 95% sure is a split tournament bag. I've seen the same ones in photos of other bags. They do look peltish at first glance though - in the hand you can see the glass difference, but it doesn't jump out.

Was wondering if that was a "black widow" ... a type dug from a 1960's dump site by Jill Spencer.   The black widow is a two ribbon marble.  You appear to maybe have a second ribbon that something weird happened to.  Your ribbon(s) look maybe more equatorial than on my black widows.   But the ribbon color looks good in comparison to what I'm holding in my hand..  

Thanks Steph. There are some of the green stripe and white stripe on black variants in the lot too and they're similar to the red stripe/black widow. I've got some of the modern (well 80's/90's striped ones) and the ones from this lot are similar but not the same - it could be batch variation but the ones from this lot are almost slightly cruder and less 'polished' than the newer ones. My gut feeling is I've picked up a split bag that's probably an early run of the more modern types - probably early 70's (I don't know how well documented the introduction dates of the newer styles is). I'll try and contact the person I bought them from to see if they've got any idea of the date.