Possibly Cairo Novelty ?

stephenb

This may be one of those marbles that is not going to be positively identifiable .  She's 5/8 with a translucent aqua blue that reminds me of blue Jello gelatin. It has one thick , creamy white swirl that looks like iceing .  I have heard that Cairo Novelty  made marbles similar to this where the fieldmark being a 9-like swirl that covers 1/4 of the marble, and the rest of the marble is relatively void of swirling. There are no seams but it seems to have sort of a pinch pontil on it that I should upload a picture of. Any thoughts on this girl ?

cairo2.JPG

Splitting hairs helps fine tune the process. My bag of similar brown ones. I actually think they might not all be Alox. There is differences in the lot.  Cairo did enter my thinking on some of them. I was going to revisit them at some point. 

Ahhhh ! Thanks Steph for the reality check 🙂.  It’s always a learning experience here for me . What a cool looking marble though,  and it’s going to have a special place in the display case. I will file it under “Blue Alien”

Hi. Photo looked better on my phone. The ones im thinking do have the thick icing but also all way through (pic) Alox,Cairo. I could easily be swayed to Japanese. It does appear upon closer inspection there may up to 4 varities in this lot (top pic)

My apologies stephenb wasnt trying to overtake your thread. And of course Steph's ever graciousness of keeping our marbles in line.

20180817_205729_crop_556x810.jpg

No worries Dindo , glad to be learning here on this thread . Do yours have that crease pontil like I showed in my last photo ? This could point to a possible Japan import. according to the Americans Machine Made Marbles book. I’m hoping they don’t ! That looks like West Virginia icing to me 🙂

Godown yes yours looks alot like mine . No markings on the “eye” where you pointed out in red . Just that cold crease line like Steph described towards the back of the marble . I’ll look through Jabo examples. 

Ive been looking through those Stngrays, it really matches up . There were some random Vacor marbles in the lot that I got this marble from at the flea market , so yep I've convinced myself that it's an odd Vacor Stingray . Steph has uncovered the mystery , thankyou Steph !