Lemonade or Limeade?

Marbleneophyte

It's a cork.  That's about the only marble I can ID with 100% certainty.... 99% certainty?...OK, very well, 90% on a good day😀.

Seriously though, I'm very confident it's a corkscrew.  Kind of a lazy cork but a corkscrew nonetheless.  Here are a few more photos against a white background with the camera not so close.  The first one gives the best perspective.  Yellow with a green spiral.  The green is luminescent which is the exact opposite of what read on the Marble Alan site.  Anyway, I'm thinking Lemonade.

If I've I'm wrong though, I am wrong.  Y'all have looked at many marbles than I have.  I just didn't want my crummy photos to shape your opinion.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks again!

IMG_3949.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

IMG_3951.JPG

I do not see a Akro cork. Looks like a swirl, good chance of Jabo.  With a cork the striping color starts at one pole and twist around to the opposite pole and never crosses.  This color striping on this marble does not start on one pole and end on the opposite pole.  A swirl is just a random twist around a marble or in andout. It can switch back, cross itself, etc. Some swirls do corkscrew, some just as nice as Akro but they are limited mistakes not done on purpose routinely one after another. Akro is the only company that had the spinner cup equipment to twist the pattern into the nice corkscrew every time unless something malfunctioned . Akro had a few lazy corks when some problem occurred. Lots of swirls might be considered lazy corks but they are just swirls. A random swirl pattern, usually not repeated exactly. The corkscrew pattern was repeated constant as standard production. 

Lemonade = Lemon = Yellow color and has to glow. Has to have the ade base.

Limeade = Lime = Green color and has to glow. Has to have the ade base. 

If you want your marble to be a lazy Akro corkscrew ? Then put it with your corks. If selling, not many if any collector would buy the marble above as a Lazy Akro Corkscrew. 

If you know what your marble is, why post it for identification ???? 

It for sure is NO Akro Lemonade. A Akro Lemonade has the ade base which is similar to a mossy base or foggy translucent base. The Lemonade base has to glow. Akro Lemonade has yellow (lemon) color on a ade base that glows. Same base for Limeade except they are green(lime) instead of yellow.  There is no doubts once you have or see in hand a Lemonade or Limeade and put a backlight on them. 

A poor choice of words on my part Ron.  I didn't know for sure, that's why I posted.  The first set of photos was pretty bad so I posted a second set.  I've only been doing this for about 8 months now and as soon as there is a marble show that is less than a day's drive away I plan on attending so that I can see examples of collectible marbles with my own eyes.  In the meantime I must rely on books and online resources.  My intent was to learn, not offend so if I offended anyone I'm sorry.  I will put it in the "unidentified" for now.

Thanks for taking time to respond Ron.  Every time hear from you I learn something and for that I am truly grateful.  Thanks again. 

No problem here at all. I just typed my thoughts. We all were at the start point at one time. You have to ask questions and there are no dumb questions. Learning marbles is not easy or fast, it takes lots of effort and years. You are doing fine. One marble show with marbles in hand and everyone there can be a good teacher. One marble show can teach as much as a book in months or a year. If you are not afraid to ask questions. Most dealers at shows are more than happy to take time and answer anything they know. Go for the in room trading a day or two days early. Those two days can be valuable, and more time to talk and learn with dealers. Save you not sur emarbles and take them to a show for identification.  I also did not intended to offend anyone.

It will take a lot to offend me. I don't go away easy, LOL !