Hello everyone new to the board

Hello Im Heston I’m from Alabama Being a product of the Deep South where charm and ornate intertwine themselves in all things, all days and all places, forming a collection of any variety presents a challenge in pursuit for rarity.

Southern folk are corn fed living to be 100 all the while rarely parting with any item(s) we assimilate into our possession. Parting with these acquired goods is often considered blasphemous, when it happens there’s a mourning period that’s soon overcome by an innate need to replace said object with something of the like, this time a little more unique, a little more carefully chosen applying the knowledge from the last. This process is never ending till we part.

All people regardless of geographical niche are collectors of something. Many collections are simple, others elaborate and richly displayed, no matter the means each collection is a treasure, a sneak peek into the passions that makes us who we are and often where we long to be. 

For me my collecting has many veins all leading towards one ultimate theme, Shiny, Mint (within reason) and Rare! Setting the criteria as such, The World of Marbles fit me and it felt good, like putting on new socks good. Yes I’ve been assimilated! 

Marbles fill the holes of my need to surround myself with a collage of things one of a kind with potential to turn competitors green. I have THOUSANDS of Marbles I sort them into colors. styles, sizes spending hours, lost in my own space. My collection is therapeutic! My collection is me and like most collectors it takes merely a whisper and BAM I’ll show it off.

So in a nutshell that’s a little insight into me. I’m a collector and collectors need people! People to consult with to align with to try and one up as well. So, I consider all of you “my peoples” I want to say hello, show me yours and I’ll show you mine! The best fun is always seeing what others think worthy of collecting and comparing one another’s likes to our own. Cheers! 

”...yesterdays gone never touchable again, tomorrow isn’t given, today is yours to shape, a gift, that’s why it’s called The Present.” 

I'm "Bonniemarbles" & this is why I  joined Marble Connection; to meet people who understand a passion for collecting & who is taken by the lore of marbles, which you truly have on both counts. Half the year I live in Theodore, Al., which is an outskirt of Mobile, the other half in Crossville, Tn. & collect "stuff" both places, while my husband golfs. (yes, we are retired now &love it" Good meeting you, Bonnie