Gallery Limits?

Marbleized

Hi Everyone,  Just wondering what are the rules and guidelines for posting photos on the gallery.  Also, what is the limit for posting here? I did see a question about deleting and it sounds like the staff is in charge of that. Correct?  Thanks!!  

4 hours ago, Marbleized said:

Hi Everyone,  Just wondering what are the rules and guidelines for posting photos on the gallery.  Also, what is the limit for posting here? I did see a question about deleting and it sounds like the staff is in charge of that. Correct?  Thanks!!  

Hi there! Right now the gallery settings appear to be very generous, even unlimited. Movies aren't allowed, however.

Since I took over running the site there hasn't been a lot of gallery usage or questions, but galleries should definitely stay on topic, i.e. no cat photos unless your cat is playing with marbles.  ;)

Posting limits are pretty generous too, but members can't hide or delete their own posts (this setting was set when I inherited the site).

To save disk space the board will resize post images to 1920x1080. I just increased that from 1024x768. This has proven helpful to the inexperienced users who did not know how to resize their own camera photos prior to posting, and therefore could not fit their photos in a post. I believe the per post size limit is 50mb.

I hope that helps!