Help needed - One marble at a time - Marble #1

crowncarrier

Based on structure and what I thought might be a faint memory, I was thinking West Virginia swirl.

But wvrons is "the man" when it comes to all things West Virginia, including Akros. 

On 5/28/2020 at 3:10 PM, wvrons said:

If you back light it and it has a clear base. It is a nice Akro Popeye. 

I held it up to a light bulb but could not see much. Not really sure what I'm looking for as I'm a rookie. The white part I can vaguely see into the marble but only a bit.

Marbles are often thought of has having one or more ribbons and a base.   The base glass would usually be the glass that that there is the most of in the marble. 

You appear to  have red, white and blue ribbons on a translucent base.  So,  base here is about the make-up of the glass, not about the position on the geometric object.  :thup: 

On 5/30/2020 at 4:25 PM, Steph said:

Marbles are often thought of has having one or more ribbons and a base.   The base glass would usually be the glass that that there is the most of in the marble. 

You appear to  have red, white and blue ribbons on a translucent base.  So,  base here is about the make-up of the glass, not about the position on the geometric object.  :thup: 

Cool, thank you for the education.