Lost M.F. Christensen Canadian Patent Found 2020: Stolen by Horace Hill

BSampson

In July 2020,  I found a Canadian M.F. Christensen Patent in Belpre, Ohio. Upon further speaking with the antique dealer, the patent came from an estate sale in Bridgeport, West Virginia, to him. I contacted Michael Cohill (M.F. Christensen Expert), Michael Johnson (Co-Author of “American Machine-Made Marbles”, and Roger Hardy (Owner of the worlds largest Akro Agate collection and author of “The Complete Line of Akro Agate”)  and I combed through the records that they sent me. I interviewed them while going through the entire records with them and received their approval when the report was finished and sent to them for verification. The link below is my full report for free, on academia.edu.  

- Benjammin Sampson 

https://www.academia.edu/44281826/The_Hidden_History_of_the_Marble_Industry

I’m glad you enjoyed the research! It was a lot of fun to meet all of the people throughout  and to be able to continue their original research after all this time. I had to take special precautions for C19.  I isolated myself for a minimum of 2 weeks in-between each session of the field work and wore masks the entire time I was out. During those months, I had to have a document that I would show to any of the officers if needed, to allow me to go across Ohio into WV. I went out into the field myself and sent everything through email and text to Cohill & Johnson. I had to meet with Roger Hardy, in person, to discuss the information and we took the appropriate measures when meeting up. It was tough to navigate, but we all made it work. I sent the final report through emails to Cohill and Johnson, but I had to mail a physical copy to Hardy for verification.

• 2 weeks later...