I have 4 bumblebees-or do I

bonniemarbles

I got 4 MK bumblebees in my 1st marble jar, put them in their little slot & forgot about them. As I was re-arranging marbles, I looked closer at my bees & found 3 had straight ribbon line ones & 1 had a blobby ones. The blobby-lined one 1 has the blackest lines, with blue tracer lines along the black lines.

The next one has a grayish/lavender half ribbon with white tracer lines under a complete blk.line, the third one had reddish brown lines & two orange tracer lines in the yellow top patch, & the last one looked like a normal bee. Are they all bees & is this an example of what you all mean by marble can vary & still be called the same thing- are my 4 all still bees? Do I have a messed up bee, a hybrid bee, a brown bee & a true bee, ,,,or am I overthinking the whole thing....:dunno:   I think I have just enough knowledge about marbles to be dangerous.

#56.jpg

#56a.jpg

#56b.jpg

#56c.jpg

Yes looks pelt to me also Steph, Pelt Bumble bees with a blue tracer often have blue av. have you looked really close for trace amounts or very fine of av. , weather it be blue or not?? And yes Steph I agree absolutely with the MK on the other three. And I would say you have 2 different bumble bees, 1 pelt and 3 MK with variations of the same marble Bonnie

Sounds like it's a pelt Blue Bee, rare and worth a couple hundred $$ at least, well above what the MK's are. The little twinkles if blue are blue av., you need at least a 10 x loupe to get s good close look to see what color the av. is unless it's so thick you can see it with your naked eye. If indeed a blue bee you should or I would definitely not let it roll around=d with a bunch of other mibs but at least put it into a little zip lock to preserve the surface, a very important factor in the value. A rare bee I see!!

New home yes!! I would put it in it's own little dog house. " nice mib "

No not a pelt, MK 100%, blue bees or other pelt NLR's have more well defined ribbons and don't fade into the base glass like 99% of veneered MK's on at least 1 ribbon, there are always exceptions, here are a few pics of pelt bees for you. I hope this helps you in determining the difference between a "pelt and a marble king" Pelt bees do not always have av. Finding one without is harder but still the ones with it are worth more. Sad but true I have no MK bumble bee's to share. There are still many more members of the pelt bee family I was just giving a few examples.

A BRONZE BEE, courtesy of AAM, loaded with bronze colored av. 

image.png.21008f8acaa8b122f8e4feeabf0291ac.png

A BLUE BEE, courtesy of AAM with a little different ribbon pattern than Bonnies, loaded with

blue av.

image.png.ad47b91829c038f75360c0aafec988ea.png

A BUMBLE BEE WITH HVY. BRONZE AV. (some may consider this a bronze bee)

image.png.d1565cb3620b4bbc781d366ee3ce2edc.png

A RUBY BEE W/ AV.

18.PNG

TWO MORE BUMBLE BEES 1st ONE NO AV. SECOND ONE WITH AV.

509.PNG

ANOTHER SHOT OF THE SECOND ONE IN THE LAST PIC. SHOWING THE AV. IN THE SUN AND A LITTLE DIFFERENT GOLDEN BASE COLOR, and the more prevalent silver colored av.

510.PNG

I got out my loupe ( a tenX)  & there are little blue stars everywhere, it's beautiful, like a galaxy in some spots, especially fanning out from the seams-  the ribbons have an orange peel look & in one spot there are larger AV spots that are almost a blue purple- I wish I could get pictures of it all,  Chad, thanks for alerting me to the possibilities of what the marble could be, because, to my shock, you were so right!   :cool-smileys-262: