Got some new ones in Missoula

Berryb

yesterday. I was s'posed to be Christmas shoppin' but I had to hit one of my favorite junk stores. I only ended up with four but I'm happy. A crockery more swirled than lined, a hand cut 1/2 inch agate with a nice chip, my only clambroth to date, but with a pretty good flake gone from the side, and a 23/32nds rainbo in really nice condition.

missoula finds dec 20.jpg

1 minute ago, Berryb said:

yesterday. I was s'posed to be Christmas shoppin' but I had to hit one of my favorite junk stores. I only ended up with four but I'm happy. A crockery more swirled than lined, a hand cut 1/2 inch agate with a nice chip, my only clambroth to date, but with a pretty good flake gone from the side, and a 23/32nds rainbo in really nice condition.

missoula finds dec 20.jpg

Good for a clam Bruce, I don't have even one without some damage, I think every time I look at them they have more damage, like the glass is falling apart or something ?? Probably the softest glass I've ever encountered, any clam is a good clam  :thup:   Like them old aggies to !!  Yes all of mine but one or two have some kind of damage also.

Thanks folks, I have a sort of related question: Is clambroth a color? I know there is a specific type of hand-made called a clambroth, but is that name a reference to the color of the base glass or something else? It's kinda the same color as the "clam nectar" that is served when you get an "Acre of Clams" at Ivar's in Seattle. The nectar is the water the clams are steamed in, hence my question.  Thanks again

Bruce

Sounds about right to me.  The base glass on these are very "soft" so chip and fracture easily.  Kind of a translucent white.  Stripe colors include (but not limited to) blue, red, green stripes (sometimes all three at once).  Then there are the black based ones, and the blue based ones etc.