Vitro?

Sonoran Beaver

It looks like it might be. Sometimes too much light will "wash out" the opalescence. What you're looking for is a a bit of an orange-ish glow. I'll see if I can post some examples in a while. I am away from my files at the moment.

Opals are just what the name implies, when you hold them up to the light the glass has a very opalescent color to it. I have no pics of my opals but will take some tonight. Like Ric said it only takes a little light to see it. You don't need a bright maglite, just dim lamplight will do, I got my fingers crossed for ya. Here's a pic of one from my friend Terry, you can see the opalescence shining through right at the bottom of the mib

image.png.04cb43d67b36f9cc3c914acc8506d747.png

I have one exactly like this one, same colors and everything, you can see the opalescence

a little easier in this one, when you shine a light directly onto it it looks white "corn flower" 

colored as Ron said.

image.png.945bdfb59d2c02b17b95c8890c18514a.png

Vitro Opal, some call this color the Vitro corn flower opal.  The Vitro Opals come in different color combinations. All have the transparent opal base. Most have the swirl pattern, some are more straight ribbon pattern. 

4 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Vitro Opal, some call this color the Vitro corn flower opal.  The Vitro Opals come in different color combinations. All have the transparent opal base. Most have the swirl pattern, some are more straight ribbon pattern. 

Thanks for the short version Ron.  I just couldn't spit it out.