Akro or other

Chad G.

One of my favorite slags, translucent not transparent, an odd coupling, reminds me a little  of a cerise in structure, what's you opinion. I would show an identifier if it had any. Size is 13/16ths dead on,.  Some minute amount if drizzle as can be seen in the third pic but other than that clean.

DSC02874.JPG

DSC02875.JPG

DSC02876.JPG

• Like 1

The more I look, the more I look, the more I turn the mib, the more I turn the mib, the more I second guess myself, the more confused I get, But in all actuality I believe Akro is all we're really left with ?? (maybe).....................................:character-smileys-238:

I had a long talk with my constituents and seen the little drizzle line in the last pic and landed on Akro handgather To dark for cerise & not CAC so only Akro left. There is a very small backwards 9 on the other side.

6 hours ago, Chad G. said:

I would show an identifier if it had any.

or, maybe not. 😄

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

There is a very small backwards 9 on the other side.

Glad you figured it out, because that explains why it's such a dandy looking marble!

Chad, you know I'm just givin' you some business.

😁

I know it looks like the marble is in motion or I moved but I guarantee ya the camera was on a tripod with a remote, no way any movement could occur unless we had an earthquake, But since I've seen it dozens of times one reason I grabbed it out of a couple hundred is the unique look it has. Kinda like a tie die shirt !! Wish they all could look this way but, such is life. I should have taken one more of the other side, but just that little bit of tail in the third pic was enough to get the proper I.D.

I think there a lot of Cerise that end up with Akro's. The Cerise were also hand gathered. After talking many times with Gino B. about Cerise, and seeing them in box sets. There is a wider range of red to orange and light to dark that most people think. Those narrow fine lines and some feathering remind me of Pelt feathered slags.  Akro or Peltier ?????????  

I'm, stuck as well Ron, A very dense slag, not much light or transparent red only on the other side a very small patch near the backwards 9, I thought Cerise for the longest time because of the visible feathering but now I believe Akro so either way it's with my slags and not with any particular bunch. Hand gathers are a hard nut to crack for me, only one I'm sure it's not is MFC because of the color.