New photos that still aren’t that good

Gina Macias

7 hours ago, Gina Macias said:

Thank you for the assessment, I only collect them in memory of my beloved brother who was an avid collector as a boy in the fifties before I was born, he died as a result of injuries sustained in Vietnam, so it’s for him I continue the tradition. However, I am awaiting a bilateral lung transplant so paying too much is my only concern. I love them, they are like little pieces of art, the following photos, albeit still not great are of alleged Christensens I have purchased. Thank you for your help, sir, it is most appreciated.

5A48C34B-03D3-4E1E-B608-A9919B303DBC.jpeg

10056EFA-436A-49FC-A937-3F34263ADCEA.jpeg

CB69F371-557A-4294-B884-3DA70D00DB39.jpeg

6A42982A-6A74-4EA3-926A-76F4D7257D7F.jpeg

The green is designated as a double corkscrew.

8 hours ago, Gina Macias said:

Ik spreek Nederlands! Dank je wel voor je vriendelijkheid.

Geen dank , Kom zelf uit Nederland , ik hoop dat ik je in de toekomst ook wat kan helpen , of mischien kunnen we een keer wat leuke ruilen als je eraan toe bent , moet zelf ook nog heel veel uitzoeken en fotograferen,  groetjes Joep

• Like 1

Hello and welcome Gina!

I cringed to hear what you've got invested in these marbles. I see mostly common stuff and some newer marbles, i don't think I see one Christensen in the bunch. I felt the need to comment and suggest that you step back and learn before you put out any money. Ebay is full of misidentified marbles and vultures looking to take your money. Just as you wouldn't jump in and start buying all sorts of stocks without learning what you are doing first, you want to learn what you are investing in and what is a good deal and what isn't. If those marbles in the group shots are what you have in to show for $1000, someone has taken advantage. I don't want to sound negative or discourage you, so I won't say how bad, but definitely don't keep buying from them. My mother got too enthusiastic about marbles years ago and overpaid for lots of them too, spending thousands upon thousands. She got some good ones in the process but lost quite a sum of money and without my knowledge. She took it upon herself to amass quite a collection without running them by me first. I don't want to see that happen to anyone else.

Chuck

The total I paid this “gentleman “ was for more than the ones shown in the group shots, however I did overpay. I appreciate your advice and I am trying to learn all I can. Yes, I made a rather costly mistake by trusting someone on Ebay and it will not happen again. It may have been foolhardy but a lesson well learned and I found this group, so I am trying to look at is as a positive. Once bitten twice shy, I will never buy from him or anyone unless I know what I am getting. I do appreciate your comments and I am so sorry your Mother lost so much. I tend to trust too easily when someone is nice. Thank you again and I shall indeed learn before I buy. It is most kind of you to look out for someone you must think a total idiot, because I sure feel like one!

Gina

7 hours ago, Mojomarblelicious said:

Geen dank , Kom zelf uit Nederland , ik hoop dat ik je in de toekomst ook wat kan helpen , of mischien kunnen we een keer wat leuke ruilen als je eraan toe bent , moet zelf ook nog heel veel uitzoeken en fotograferen,  groetjes Joep

Dat klinkt als een plan! Gina

• 4 weeks later...

After an unfortunate detour which resulted in this thread needing to be closed, the problem has been fixed, the thread is cleaned up and reopened.  Thanks for everyone who was on top of this.