Today’s score.

vmabuck

I got a couple coolish things today. Not sure what they mean. The two new marble boxes were kind of cool. I emptied the ripped box out to see what was in it. Not sure, seems old though. They both seem to have basically the same marbles in them. The other box will remain untouched. It’s in decent shape. 

Any idea who put this box of marbles out?

6A28CF4C-38CC-4BEF-9CF1-7C3E12DF461E.jpeg

FCCD5503-615B-46BB-B333-D94295071210.jpeg

6290563F-FEE7-4A87-8150-FFF5F26BC181.jpeg

I _think_ that style could have different makers in it.  

I would call them jobber boxes.  

"Jobbers" are people who purchased marbles in bulk from manufacturers and then packaged the marbles for sale at dime stores and such.  

The head of the WVS crew is @wvrons

Jobber boxes is correct.  Could be filled with any marbles although Champion is one of the more common types that you will see in them.  That is what I think are in the one box.  The other was probably used to store someone's "other" marbles - neat German handmade in there.  By the way, WVS means West Virginia Swirl.

33 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

Jobber boxes is correct.  Could be filled with any marbles although Champion is one of the more common types that you will see in them.  That is what I think are in the one box.  The other was probably used to store someone's "other" marbles - neat German handmade in there.  By the way, WVS means West Virginia Swirl.

This person had a full case of the boxes, he said he got it at an auction. All the boxes looked like pretty the same marbles for the most part. The group of marbles with the German handmade was a separate buy.