This is one I’m doubting

Gina Macias

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

I believe that's why were all here to further this hobby through the mutual gathering & sharing of information in our search for Provenance. Good Friends, Good memories with many more to come !! No place I'd rather be (almost)

Same here! (Almost too!) I chatted with Bob on eBay and he sold the sand last week! Wah wah. However, he is getting more from the same consignor in the next day or two- so maybe. A very nice gentleman, thank you so much for sending me to a reputable seller. 

40 minutes ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

What is the actual size?  OP says 9"?

To me it looks like MFC.  Pictures are wonky, probably showing a green tinge etc that aren't really there. 

9” and I apologize for the wonky photos, I’m shaky and can’t see well, which aren’t two qualities you look for in a good photographer. Sorry.

I still think it's a Jabo, if so $1.00, maybe that's why the came down from 390.00 to $130.00 so fast, that's over 2/3 of asking !! I'd definitely wait for others to chime in on this one "I" believe it to be a very common "Jabo" it has all the characteristics of one. A high price doesn't always mean a rare marble, I always look at their other items as well and see if the same carries through all their items !! I just looked at their store "Do Not Buy This Marble" : https://www.ebay.com/itm/143999985188?_trkparms=  : I would bet on it being a Jabo, no way a Christensen, a ripoff same with their other marbles, even if the naming is correct the prices are jacked up 400 percent or more, I thought I recognized that mib. They are flagged as Questionable sellers on the other forum for a reason. Glad I looked !!

2 hours ago, Gina Macias said:

9” and I apologize for the wonky photos, I’m shaky and can’t see well, which aren’t two qualities you look for in a good photographer. Sorry.

No need to apologize.  My photo's are less than stellar :).  I meant more the lighting, and how the green appeared in a couple of those pics.

9" circumference then?  That's a huge marble.  Diameter would help narrow it down but I still wouldn't rule out MFC 

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

I still think it's a Jabo, if so $1.00, maybe that's why the came down from 390.00 to $130.00 so fast, that's over 2/3 of asking !! I'd definitely wait for others to chime in on this one "I" believe it to be a very common "Jabo" it has all the characteristics of one. A high price doesn't always mean a rare marble, I always look at their other items as well and see if the same carries through all their items !! I just looked at their store "Do Not Buy This Marble" : https://www.ebay.com/itm/143999985188?_trkparms=  : I would bet on it being a Jabo, no way a Christensen, a ripoff same with their other marbles, even if the naming is correct the prices are jacked up 400 percent or more, I thought I recognized that mib. They are flagged as Questionable sellers on the other forum for a reason. Glad I looked !!

That’s what I thought, that’s a big discount. This big of a “discount”  is circumspect, to me a big red flag. 

9 minutes ago, Gina Macias said:

That’s what I thought, that’s a big discount. This big of a “discount”  is circumspect, to me a big red flag. 

At my age I am still so naive and expect everyone to be congenial and truthful. I just cannot fathom liars and cheats. Why do you do it and “how do you sleep?” Notice I got a Lennon song lyric in! For the music lovers. 

14 hours ago, Chad G. said:

I still think it's a Jabo, if so $1.00, maybe that's why the came down from 390.00 to $130.00 so fast, that's over 2/3 of asking !! I'd definitely wait for others to chime in on this one "I" believe it to be a very common "Jabo" it has all the characteristics of one. A high price doesn't always mean a rare marble, I always look at their other items as well and see if the same carries through all their items !! I just looked at their store "Do Not Buy This Marble" : https://www.ebay.com/itm/143999985188?_trkparms=  : I would bet on it being a Jabo, no way a Christensen, a ripoff same with their other marbles, even if the naming is correct the prices are jacked up 400 percent or more, I thought I recognized that mib. They are flagged as Questionable sellers on the other forum for a reason. Glad I looked 

Thanks Chad, is there a forum for “questionable seller’s?” To me, it’s not logical to reduce something that drastically, that is a “tell” that it is not real. I think some of them, (in the case of the seller I purchased from)look at more expensive listings of a “real” marble from a good company and reputable dealer, find a reasonable cheaper facsimile in their collection and post it with the real marble’s description. I know he tried to pass off a D.A.S. Alley Agate Silverback shooter as an MF Christensen with Mica. I was rather proud I was able to ascertain that!