Greetings from Sweden!

Chris Parson

Hi!

My name is Christian and I’m from south Sweden. I have collected marbles periodically since I was a kid and today I have some old and some new, some smaller and some bigger. I don’t know anything about marbles as antiqueties so I thought that I would tag along with this forum and see if I can learn. 😊 Do you have any advice on where to begin? Here you can see some of my marbles. 

All the best to all of you!

212E20AB-33EA-47A5-A739-3BF06F670C81.jpeg

9701117B-2B83-476C-B6B2-D53242177DBD.jpeg

Welcome Christian.  It's nice to see which marbles have found their way to different parts of the world.

You will have mostly non-U.S. marbles which @Mojomarblelicious has seen can be a challenge for us to identify, but we can narrow down a lot of them for you.

But I'm pretty sure I'm at least seeing some Vitros in your group.    Vitro sent a lot of marbles to Europe.  

The marbles in your hand are mostly Asian cat's eyes.  

Basically post some in the ID forum.   About four marbles per ID thread is manageable for us, if they are clearly identifiable by number or by position in a group photograph.   Feel free to start as many separate ID threads as you'd like. 

21 hours ago, Steph said:

Welcome Christian.  It's nice to see which marbles have found their way to different parts of the world.

You will have mostly non-U.S. marbles which @Mojomarblelicious has seen can be a challenge for us to identify, but we can narrow down a lot of them for you.

But I'm pretty sure I'm at least seeing some Vitros in your group.    Vitro sent a lot of marbles to Europe.  

The marbles in your hand are mostly Asian cat's eyes.  

Basically post some in the ID forum.   About four marbles per ID thread is manageable for us, if they are clearly identifiable by number or by position in a group photograph.   Feel free to start as many separate ID threads as you'd like. 

Thank you Steph!

I will definitely post in the ID section. It’s funny that you confirm that the big ones are mostly Asian. I read that if the glass is green-ish and/or have ”wrinkles”, the marble is Asian made. I’m looking forward to my time in this forum. 😊

On 7/11/2021 at 2:37 PM, Mojomarblelicious said:

Welcome Chris

Enjoy and i hope i can help you also to ID some marbles that you have 😎👍

Thank you, Mojo!

I am so excited about the fact that my marbles may be ID’d. When I was a kid, I had no idea that there was certain types that all had the same appearence. I thought they became what they became by random pieces of glass being put together. 😊 Now I’m going down the rabbit hole. Currently sorting out my cats eyes. 😉

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chris Parson said:

Thank you, Mojo!

I am so excited about the fact that my marbles may be ID’d. When I was a kid, I had no idea that there was certain types that all had the same appearence. I thought they became what they became by random pieces of glass being put together. 😊 Now I’m going down the rabbit hole. Currently sorting out my cats eyes. 😉

Look for these Chris 

Sparklers ( picture 1 )

Stripeys on the other pictures

20210712_182401.jpg

20210712_182426.jpg

20210712_182446.jpg

20210712_182506.jpg

10 hours ago, Mojomarblelicious said:

Look for thick / fat / wide vanes

20210713_145017.jpg

20210713_153632.jpg

20210713_154553.jpg

20210713_163236.jpg

20210713_181821.jpg

Thick, fat veins. Got it! Thank you. I probably have some of those. Are these, in terms of collecting, more significant compared to others that have thinner veins? Or is it "just" a good place to start?