I’m not used to opaques like these

Chris Parson

Chris, man i can see why good photos and where these originated from is vital for the hobby. These examples look so very close to MKs and or Pelts. To (me) these look like (wannabees or mimics) to Peltiers. Why as you look at the top and bottom poles they have the same color as pelts do, while MKs are opposite colors. I can easily see these being mistaken for other makers.  Chuck G---

• Award 1

First of all, thank you @Gladys, @Chuck G and @Steph for your input.

I want to think that they are Marble King. If so, how did they end up in Sweden? And if they are Peltier mimics like you suggested, Chuck, who could have made them?

Maybe you can contribute with som reference photos if that’s possible? :)

West Virginia companies exported a lot of marbles.  I've seen some Vitros end up over there which didn't match the usual marbles seen in America.  Based on that, I could imagine some interesting Marble Kings being sent over there which didn't necessarily match the typical marbles sold in packaging here.

11 hours ago, Steph said:

West Virginia companies exported a lot of marbles.  I've seen some Vitros end up over there which didn't match the usual marbles seen in America.  Based on that, I could imagine some interesting Marble Kings being sent over there which didn't necessarily match the typical marbles sold in packaging here.

Vitros I have seen, or at least I am aware of that Vitro marbles may be found in Sweden. Now that I'm thinking of it, I might have a couple of Vitro all reds. :)

It's fascinating if they are indeed Marble King. In that case I have a couple more from the same lot that might also be the same.  I'm going to visit your study hall, Steph, and read more about Marble King. :)

4 hours ago, Steph said:

Most of these last ones are solidly Marble King. A couple of them are leaning a little more toward a Vitro pattern, but I still think could be MK on all.

Looking at my first set of photos, I saw similar features in the rest of the opaques from the same lot. Please, tell me who the Vitro suspects are, even if you still lean more towards MK. :)

Yes, that was one which leaned toward a Vitro pattern but which I thought was probably MK, and now I'm a solid yes on MK.

The red, white and blues in your second group of pictures are in the same boat.   Vaguely Vitro pattern, but still MK.

• Award 2

On 10/1/2021 at 6:38 PM, Steph said:

Yes, that was one which leaned toward a Vitro pattern but which I thought was probably MK, and now I'm a solid yes on MK.

The red, white and blues in your second group of pictures are in the same boat.   Vaguely Vitro pattern, but still MK.

Grouped and bagged. :)

0C4E20B8-89CB-4044-BDE3-7AD3A7DDDDE7.thumb.jpeg.6e74886af043a1e23d154315982122f8.jpeg

• Like 1