Are these Akro thx

Dave 13

Hello Dave.

I will take a poke at the first one that you have posted. The rest of them need further opinions.

It sure looks like it wants to be an Akro Corkscrew. The thin red line is very interesting. Is it Oxblood?

The marble color combination seems familiar---without the thin red line.

I have seen a bunch of Akro Corkscrews and the color combinations are almost endless. I doubt that I will ever see them all. 

I would not base any futher possible Identifications of corkscrews on this one---it is an odd one.

As the glob of glass was "dropped" by gravity in any marble making facility, by any maker, the ability for it to twist was always a possiblility, as it was cut off.

I want to call it an Akro, believe me on that. It may be a Vitro that twisted during the cutoff and drop onto the rollers.

50-50 on this one.

More opionions are needed on this one and perhaps some more images.

Nice marble regardless!

Marble--On!!

hi first thank you to all that had a look and shared your thoughts 2nd thank you Steph for Steph’s study hall lots of great info on all makers i had a look at some Anacortes and like other have said i think you nailed it Steph ,i’m also thinking they all might be Vitro ,this pic i found on here shows a box from 1930 that has some similar colours and styles to a few other marbles i got i will post some pics later of them thanks again everyone 

A83C18A0-7E2C-4A08-BA35-5E59A95AE502.png

Great research Dave13,

This is as link that may explain some differences between some older Vitros such as those that you show and the ones that are talked about in your post.

Thanks to the mega marble researcher Steph.

https://marbleconnection.com/topic/8447-vitro-timeline/

The time difference between Anacortes Vitro marbles and Jabo/Vitro marbles is quite slim.

I believe that some were sold by Jabo as as carry-over from the Washington Vitro plant and possibly marketed as Jabo-Vitro, blah, blah, blah.

The marbles that you have are pretty heavy on the included white vs what may be found in a Jabo production marble.

The thick white swirling that is included and the blue colors are almost definitely from a Vitro glass recipe that was used in Washington.

Of course, this is all my opinion and I will always accept any backlash.

Marble—On!!

• Like 1
  • Award 1