Champion ?

Fire1981

The first one might be Heaton. And I usually associate cold-rolls with "ridges" or "thumb-nail marks", while orange peel is more like what you see on a lot of big Vacors, whether there are cold rolls or not.

Edited by Ric
Now I'm thinking maybe Heaton.

Not all roll marks are cold roll marks.  Cold roll marks only happen on the first start up. Hot roll marks happen many times hourly. Cold roll marls are just that, cold rolls. The hot marbles heat the rolls. Depending on the size machine depends on how many or how long cold roll marks are made. The large the size machine the longer it takes to heat the rolls. Because they have more steel than smaller rolls. Hot roll marks or the vast majority of roll marks happen because of many factors.  Temperature to high to low, roll speed, size of glass glob, glass build up on rolls, and more. Most roll marks are not cold roll marks. Cold roll marks are bad enough that they are all discarded, until the rolls heat up. Normally no color is added with the base glass until the rolls get hot and the marbles are running smooth.  

Cold Roll Mark is another old term that is used wrong.   I don't know if it will ever change ?  Like many other old beliefs and terms. Once it is print some place, even if not correct, it is almost impossible to make it go away or change. 

I am on a roll tonight, I better just roll on out cold.