alley? .64

Jeremysvt

I agree with, Chuck. Lots of reflections and so much enlargement causes a loss of detail that makes it looks more like a planet than a marble. Its near 20X actual size on my screen. If you have a good pic, 5X is fine and anyone who wants to enlarge it easily can - just some thoughts. This pic is reduced to 30% of the size you posted and I like it much better.

image.png.9fcd39665f0840e3ac7ef51e31609e78.png

You look like Kilroy in this pic! lol

I agree the pictures look dimpled, rough, up and down creases, on the surface, reflections, throwing colors off. Probably Alley maybe gray or gray/blue base ?  Maybe nice older Alley ?  

10 hours ago, wvrons said:

I agree the pictures look dimpled, rough, up and down creases, on the surface, reflections, throwing colors off. Probably Alley maybe gray or gray/blue base ?  Maybe nice older Alley ?  

it is an old one.  I don't think it is considered a ghost?

PhotoRoom_005_20220314_080852.png

PhotoRoom_004_20220314_080852.png

PhotoRoom_003_20220314_080852.png

PhotoRoom_002_20220314_080851.png

PhotoRoom_001_20220314_080851.png

PhotoRoom_000_20220314_080851.png

For sure not a St.Marys Ghost. The blue base works for any Alley site. But that pattern and what may be three colors looks older than most St.Marys Alley marbles. There are a few very nice Bacon pattern marbles from St.Marys. But more plain ones than with multicolor sharp lines and colors that dive 90 degrees into the marble. Maybe very early St.Marys of late Pennsboro. Many times it is a good guess as to which site many Alleys were produced. Many marbles carried over from one site to another. Some are very unique to only one site. But more were produced at more than one Alley site. Like the opaque white base and blue flames. Flames with five to a dozen points. From Sistersville, Pennsboro and St.Marys Alley factory locations.