blown away by the amount of knowledge here...hoping this one doesn't stump the crowd...id help please...

thephunkfreaker

good afternoon folks...my name is Scott and i am new here...i have been perusing the site and the amount of information here runs very deep...i was hoping the someone/s here may be kind enough to help me w.a marble that i recently acquired...i can't find a signature anywhere but it appears to be well done enough not to be a generic piece...it is about 1.5 inches across and has a nice pattern to it...this is all i know...thanks again for any help that can be afforded to me...here are some photos of it...

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

Nice marble, the first shot looks like a sea serpent or something. There are a few people with extensive knowledge of contemporarys who frequent the board. Hopefully, one of them will chime in but, as Rick said, without a signature mark it might be very difficult to identify.

Hello Scott and a most hardy --- Welcome,
This is not a machine made marble.
 It is a “Modern Contemporary” obviously made by someone in the experimental stage of producing these fine little orbs. 
Do not get me wrong, the maker is on the right track. The finish is the problem here, the cut-off “nipple” is.; the bubble is not so bad imho. This is a very nice try and a beauty—it just will not cut it, value wise because of the defect.
The folks that make/sell these with any success are perfectionists and I mean perfectionists, they sign marbles because of the pride in the workmanship that they all struggle with.
This one is just short of the mark, and not signed, we all know why, including the maker. He/She will do better, much better, I am sure.
Marble—On!!!
And keep coming back with more to show the folks here.