.67 white orange red blue swirlllll

Jeremysvt

4 minutes ago, Steph said:

The color combo is a pretty good match for my dug Alleys.  I suppose I could check my Ravenswoods, also.  Didn't think to do that.  

I'll get a picture of my Alleys. 

I was just going by memory and keying in on color - mainly the blue.

There's a reason I shy away from swirls! LOL.  Red(ish),  blue and white ones have been getting my goat forever!  

First is an old sunlight photo I took with my Alleys in it.   Second is a badly lit photo I just took with the Alleys on top and the Ravenswoods in the tray below.   It appears my Alleys have some purple tones in the blue ribbons that I didn't notice in person. 

In hand I still like my Alley blues in comparison with Jeremy's marble, but the orange ribbons are a lot more different than I had wanted to admit to myself.  Pictures are forcing me to be honest about it.  Denial is not just a river in Egypt.  

GnsyvhF.jpg

Jp9ChD3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The larger ones Steph shows are Alley. They are light blue and orange not red. Plus every one of these that we found were near 7/8 size and every one had problems.  The smaller one below these in the case looks Ravenswood. Most people put these dull light faded blue and faded red or red/orange with Champion because so many were included in the Champion Bicentennial bags. Champion bought them from Ravenswood after they closed. 

Alley red/white/blue

DSC02617.JPG.18f4cea16a9a54698b05c25fb7668cca.JPGDSC02618.JPG.3462fdd3d6511602b1fa7f58bfb510aa.JPGDSC02619.JPG.aeb442f097e039ca6537fd07ea4d54f8.JPGDSC02621.JPG.5dbe8a6f2bb64f9cf019e68e91b6bc27.JPGDSC02624.JPG.a89a9e4432341cd35dd820b69294a56e.JPG

5 minutes ago, wvrons said:

The larger ones Steph shows are Alley. They are light blue and orange not red. Plus every one of these that we found were near 7/8 size and every one had problems.  The smaller one below these in the case looks Ravenswood. Most people put these dull light faded blue and faded red or red/orange with Champion because so many were included in the Champion Bicentennial bags. Champion bought them from Ravenswood after they closed. 

Alley red/white/blue

DSC02617.JPG.18f4cea16a9a54698b05c25fb7668cca.JPGDSC02618.JPG.3462fdd3d6511602b1fa7f58bfb510aa.JPGDSC02619.JPG.aeb442f097e039ca6537fd07ea4d54f8.JPGDSC02621.JPG.5dbe8a6f2bb64f9cf019e68e91b6bc27.JPGDSC02624.JPG.a89a9e4432341cd35dd820b69294a56e.JPG

wow!  thanks for sharing that

10 hours ago, Steph said:

There's a reason I shy away from swirls! LOL.  Red(ish),  blue and white ones have been getting my goat forever!  

First is an old sunlight photo I took with my Alleys in it.   Second is a badly lit photo I just took with the Alleys on top and the Ravenswoods in the tray below.   It appears my Alleys have some purple tones in the blue ribbons that I didn't notice in person. 

In hand I still like my Alley blues in comparison with Jeremy's marble, but the orange ribbons are a lot more different than I had wanted to admit to myself.  Pictures are forcing me to be honest about it.  Denial is not just a river in Egypt.  

GnsyvhF.jpg

Jp9ChD3.jpg

the one on the bottom left in the second picture seems the most similar to me

Maybe any purple you see is where red and blue meet and one lays over top of the other. That would be a dark looking color or look dark purple.  There was no purple added to these marbles or cullet above. Glass colors do not mix or bleed to make a new different color. Glass colors are not like paint which can be mixed to make a new color. Glass colors will lay over top of each other and look different. Many machine made marbles had clear added with the other added colors to the base glass. The clear is a old trick to make the colors brighter and show up more or pop. The clear will follow along beside or near the added colors. When the added colors might lay over top of each other, it can look like another color. But if you separate or slice the marble thin enough. The added colors will still be separate. Maybe stacked at the edges or overlapping but still separate. The above red/white/blue Alleys are a white base and the only colors added were red and blue. Was a little bit of clear also added, probably. No purple was added to these Alleys above. Many times it can be very difficult to determine if a certain looking color was added when it was made. Or is it two colors near each other, laying over top of each other, that looks like a different color. This extra looking color will usually be dark looking, because it is two colors stacked.  Thin clear glass beside other colors can look black.  But actually is not a different added color.  Not easy to explain in words. Old and modern glass workers add certain bright white colors and certain clear glass to their marbles. This is to make other colors show more and brighter. As they say "make the marble pop".  

2 hours ago, Jeremysvt said:

the one on the bottom left in the second picture seems the most similar to me

Yep, that bottom left one is Ravenswood.  I slid the Ravenswood tray into the Alley photo for comparison.