Best and latest reference book?

I just remembered I had given away my Baumannā€™s 4th Ed to a young child at a pre-Covid antique show, along with a big bag of marblesšŸ¤Æ.

so, I need to updateā€¦ suggestions appreciated. Looking to cover all types, with $ ranges if available.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

I just remembered I had given away my Baumannā€™s 4th Ed to a young child at a pre-Covid antique show, along with a big bag of marblesšŸ¤Æ.

so, I need to updateā€¦ suggestions appreciated. Looking to cover all types, with $ ranges if available.

Thanks!

Oh boy .... endless but I do have a couple old standbys I use.

image.png.3ca13773c3ee2679198e76398ab2790f.png

image.png.13eb43dff0827c5913b47a4f758dd091.png

And your old standby is also an excellent choice, I try to shy away from price guidesĀ anymore, the market is so volatile. I have many, many of Stanley Blocks old hardback books, theyĀ are trulyĀ the best all arounds I haveĀ ever found. I used to call Stan all the time years ago w/ marble related questions, he loved it, always willing to share,Ā  I'm not so sure his other half shared the sentiment.

image.png.49fa49a03cc8e293d37a627598b66b35.png

1 minute ago, Chad G. said:

Oh boy .... endless but I do have a couple old standbys I use whenever.

image.png.3ca13773c3ee2679198e76398ab2790f.png

image.png.13eb43dff0827c5913b47a4f758dd091.png

And your old standby is also an excellent choice, I try to shy away from price guidesĀ anymore, the market is so volatile. I have many, many of Stanley Blocks old hardback books, theyĀ are trulyĀ the best all arounds I haveĀ ever found.

image.png.49fa49a03cc8e293d37a627598b66b35.png

I canā€™t find my Dean Six book eitherā€¦šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

paulā€™s book is about $40 now on AmazonšŸ˜¢

thanks Buddy.

I havenā€™t been to a show in years where there was a large selection to checkĀ pricing. The wife and I are talking about Vegas this year, definitely going to the July show in SeaTac, WA.

19 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

thanks Buddy.

I havenā€™t been to a show in years where there was a large selection to checkĀ pricing. The wife and I are talking about Vegas this year, definitely going to the July show in SeaTac, WA.

I haven'tĀ been since 2017 myself, Not @ the Ramada in Tukwila anymore ??

On 6/10/2022 at 9:23 PM, schmoozer said:

thanks Buddy.

Hope to see you in Vegas this year...:confetti:

• Like 1

I started collecting in the era when handmade Germans were dominant. So back then the books by Paul Baumann, Stan Block and Everett Grist were the best guides. I had to import them from the US of course. Baumann remains my favourite. Any values are of course completely outdated.

Good luck if you can find those books now - presumably they're mostly out of print.